Author Topic: The official tire thread  (Read 12187 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: The official tire thread
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2011, 03:23:56 pm »
Phil at mountain Motorsports has those in stock. Let him know your from ETB and he will do his best to cut you a good deal on them.
if you need I will still mount your tires for you. :21

Liltroy, That's what I was getting at. your exactly right. they are pretty good tires. But like you said. i would put them on any of my bikes because I put hill miles on my bikes. Now as far as touring tires I personally really like the Angle ST's. Really great tires and you will get great mileage out of them. But they are a bit more pricey then the Shinko.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Liltroy

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2011, 03:00:17 pm »
yea I was really broke when i got them but for the price theyve done well...again..for the price. ;) hopefully I can afford something more when I go to replace them but honestly I'm haveing trouble finding enough time to wear them out,lmao.

Offline 68gts

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2012, 05:01:31 pm »
The Metzlers didnt last any longer than the Q2's did. 1500 miles and they were toast. I bit the bullet and tried Power Pures. I only got about a 100 mile break in ride before winter set in,bit was very impressed. Come on spring.
Hobbies (Beating You)

Offline magnecraft

• True Member
  • old clapped out street car
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2012, 08:38:01 pm »
I got this 2001 1200S Bandit in July
it had Conti Road Attack tires on it with so few miles you could read the conti name in the tread.
I got 2500 miles and the rear was stripped clean (some cord showing)
I ride minimum of 80% twisties and 20% or less slab so to me that is pretty bad.
I don't think I am too hard on the rear brake, the first 1000 miles or so the back brake was in the metal so I never even used it.

QUESTION TO ALL
I'd really like to get a tire suggestion from someone who is a "fairly" aggressive (on a scale of 1 to 10, one being a highway cruiser only and ten being sub 10 minute Dragon rider I think I am a 5.5 I run it end to end in 18m) rider that gets at least 4-5k miles out of a tire that they trust on the twisties (dragon). Is there such a thing?? ???
ETB Rocks! Don't forget this is a member supported site so kick in a few bucks when you can. $$ We want it to live long and prosper.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: The official tire thread
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2012, 10:12:39 am »
Imho, regual pilot powers will be your best friend. That's what I run on my 05 Z1000 average 11 minutes passes and riding on the interstate everday going to work. But you have to understand that the hill will drematicly decrease the tire life.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2012, 12:16:55 pm »
tires? round(ish) rubbery like and still have little squiggly lines. if it'll fit and i can afford it, thats what i run. bikes are a bad habit for a poor boy. i couldnt name the rubber on my bike if you put a gun to my head. keeps it, um, interesting, because i get to ride a new bike with every tire change. :31
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: The official tire thread
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »
:lol

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2012, 09:31:30 pm »
Burgman 650 Scooter
REAR -  NEXXEN Car Tire (just trying it - like it after 7000 miles). FRONT OEM Bridgestone TH01 (not a lot of others available and it does OK)

NINJA 500
REAR - Switched to Kenda at 6700 miles, have 13000+ now and about due for new one, estimate another 700 or 1000 miles (cause I am Cheap and it seems to do OK). FRONT - Still runing the OEM (Bridgestone), plan to switch to KENDA when it is wore out, estimate another 500 or 1000 miles (cause I am cheap and want to try the KENDA).

I don'rride that aggressively (as some one else said, I want to stay in one piece and alive).  ;D   
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline tomacana

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2012, 10:57:55 pm »
I recently put the ContiMotion tires on my two bikes.  I almost never stay with the same tire.
Some tires I have ran previously - Bridgestone BT023, BT016 and BT021 -  Dunlop OEM and D220
Metzler RoadTecZ6 and SportTecM3 - Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa - Michelin Pilot Power

The Metzler Sport tecM is a good tire as are the Pilot Powers and the BT016.
The Bridgestone BT023 is also a favorite especially the front GT spec tire (I like the thread pattern)

But I like certain thread patterns and the Conti Motion is now a favorite - The price of  $72 for the front and $104 for the rear delivered to the front door makes this a favorable option.  I run the tires on my Honda 599 Hornet and my Yamaha FJR1300 and they perform equally well on both.