Author Topic: Something broke  (Read 5686 times)

Offline SilverZZR

• www.tnmountaintours.com
  • True Member
  • Suzuki FTW!!!
    • Brothers Cabin Staining
Something broke
« on: December 29, 2010, 02:31:29 am »
No not on my bike, on yours, now tell us about it so we can tell ya how to fix it and get this board moving lol
Dustin
2013 GSX-R1000
ETB Founder

www.tnmountaintours.com

Offline kpsr

Re: Something broke
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:22:36 am »
You sure nothing is broke on your bike? I think you better just bring it on over to me so I can go over with a fine tooth comb.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 03:19:05 pm »
^^^ Thats an awesome Idea
This post sponsored by http://williscycleworks.com/ Haha

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 05:02:22 pm »
hahaha good one curt!!!
 actually Bryan, ill be bringing you one very soon for some tinkering.

www.williscycleworks.com
81 gl1100....

Offline kpsr

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:41:28 am »
Just give me a call Jeff. I'll be out of town until the 15th due to military obligations.

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:41:14 pm »
cool, nothing major. just some suspension set up stuff
81 gl1100....

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:29 am »
I have to reset my susp too. As I did a rebuild on my front forks... Now I have to find a couple guys to help set it all up again...
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 09:43:59 am »
Bryan is good people! take it to him. its where mine is going for its set up
81 gl1100....

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 12:52:29 am »
i usually set my own. Its just helpfull to have a guy or two for a little bit of help to hold bike upright while doing sag settings....and preload.
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline oldmanjob

• True Member
  • Guzzi lover
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:52 am »
The only thing that is broke for me at this time is my wallet  :23

Bill
Rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God, than sitting in church bored thinking about my motorcycle

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 12:32:21 am »
our wallets must be related!!!!!!!! :23
81 gl1100....

Offline easyr6

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 05:59:22 pm »
well i think just about everyones wallet is related  :23 oh and the list of broken parts on my bike keeps growing  :31  :33  :5  :2 shes gona have some sick parts and maybe some SICK paint when she comes back out im talking to my painter now and hes getting stoked  :21  $$$

Offline gr33nninja

• True Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:03 pm »
sounds expensive! :13

Offline smokepoke

• facebook
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 06:16:52 pm »
front wheel feels like it is "hopping" in faster turns when i try to lean the bike little closer to the ground ( not knee dragging but about 1/2 way to it) what i done i adjust the spring tension earlier this week so it is little tighter ( 1st owner of the bike was skinny dude and he loosing it ) and now i got wheel hop. I know my spring tension is correct ( shock travel is in good range to my body weight).
        If u have any more questions about the problem what could help u to help me let me know. I am starting to think maybe that will be that way i am just not used to it but i dont think so sometimes it gets little scary lol  :16

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2011, 10:54:17 pm »
was it doing it before the new tire???
81 gl1100....

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:44 am »
was it doing it before the new tire???
Also Did you make sure they balanced the tire.

If it is a Old tire look at the tread wear.

Is there a difference with various speeds, does it get worse the faster you go or slower ?
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2011, 04:16:39 pm »
I didn't see anywhere where he said he had a new tire? So I would start with that. Look at the tire and make sure there isn't any funny wear pattern. Also can you let off the bars without them trying to wobble?

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2011, 05:31:38 pm »
my bad, for some reason i saw hopping front tire and immediately thought dustin posted. never looked at the op screen name, lol
81 gl1100....

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »
did you tighten the front and rear or just the front spring preload??? if just the front then it may be too stiff and causing the front tire to chatter or skip over the road versus the suspension allowing some movement.
81 gl1100....

Offline smokepoke

• facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2011, 08:36:56 pm »
ok lo u guys lost me with the TIRE thing i read my post couple times make sure i type in everything correct and i did so i was like what he F@#$ lol but anyway back to the tire thing. NO my tire looks good no funny paters i check that the 1 st thing it dont look like i run wrong pressure (high/low) and to the suspension on the back my ballance is correct the bike respond same way in back just like in front i try that on the road and home with my buddy when u press on bike both sides come up in same time. I think it is problem with my fluid in the shox the way how fast it go in and out of the shock ( forget the English name for it sorry) just not sure if its the adjustment on bot or top of my shock i know 1 of them affect how fast the shock go down and other 1 is how shock go up.
        I am starting to thing i will take it to the shop bc i cant figured it out and it is getting scary ! Do u know how much money this stuff will cost to get it fixed ( if u have it done before) if not all cool i call around in that case i will take it to Smokey mtn motorsport ( only shop what i know)

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 09:35:59 pm »
front wheel feels like it is "hopping" in faster turns when i try to lean the bike little closer to the ground ( not knee dragging but about 1/2 way to it) what i done i adjust the spring tension earlier this week so it is little tighter ( 1st owner of the bike was skinny dude and he loosing it ) and now i got wheel hop. I know my spring tension is correct ( shock travel is in good range to my body weight).
        If u have any more questions about the problem what could help u to help me let me know. I am starting to think maybe that will be that way i am just not used to it but i dont think so sometimes it gets little scary lol  :16
As was mentioned earlier about Chatter if this is the case I have never heard of it showing up till usually extreme leans.  Hence the reason we assumed it may be tire related.

Are you sure its the TIRE or the SUSpension.  Bike feels like its pogo-ing ? On the Fork Adjusters they should be marked REB - Rebound Comp- Compression.  Check n see if someone may have tampered and turned them both to full soft..
Go to Wheelers in Robbinsville,Nc just a few miles south of Deals Gap..

He will adjust your susp for $25,  Sag, Comp & Reb.  Also If it needs any service to the forks he usually has all the stuff on hand..

We caught the part where you said the front was bouncing
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline smokepoke

• facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 04:22:02 pm »
ok will do 25 dollars is cheap so now i need to go get it done ! I let u guys know what he say was wrong !! thank u

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2011, 07:43:47 am »
Give willis a call. He will treat you right! http://williscycleworks.com/ and he's good with suspensions

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 11:53:04 pm »
okay, i was riding (swimming)  to work today and the wing dropped power. still runs smooth as ever but just isnt as responsive as she should be and falls flat in higher gears.

suggestions? maybe time for timing belts?
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: Something broke
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 08:46:21 am »
Maybe water got in the air filter or fuel??

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 09:08:35 am »
my 750 did the same thing when it got water in the tank..... just drain the tank into a container and let it settle for about 20-30 minutes to let the water separate if there is any in it.
81 gl1100....

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 12:11:47 pm »
will do that. thanks guys.

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2011, 12:20:38 am »
okay, so i drained the tank, (left the gas turned on :-\) and filled her up with fresh fuel, running fine now. thanks guys! :worthy in all honesty, im more of a four wheeled gear head (and weird stuff at that, citroens are the ****), unless im dealing with one of the old 750 fours. got to know them pretty well. still learning the idiosynchracies of the dinowing.

really guys, thanks.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2011, 11:50:40 am »
NP. :) I tinker with bikes a bit. :) here's my old web site of the things I used to do. http://223cycles.com

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400