Author Topic: My Bucket List Build  (Read 9329 times)

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
My Bucket List Build
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:00 pm »
stock bike...Ducati 1098 Streetfighter factory images

Bike: 2010 Ducati 1098 SF

Left Side:
Carbon fiber radiator guards and lower chin fairings

Carbon fiber vented sprocket cover and Gilles Tooling fully adjustable rear sets with carbon fiber heel guards

Carbon fiber swing arm cover and rear hugger and powder coated rear passenger pegs

Controls and etc...
Carbon fiber quick release gas cap

Rizoma sport grips, Rizoma handlebar, and Rizoma fluid reservoirs with clear tubing and Motul RBF600 brake fluid

Carbon fiber front fender

Right Side:
Carbon fiber radiator guard and race tech fork springs

Rizoma upper and lower cam belt covers with see thru window, Rizoma open clutch cover with see thru window, Rizoma pressure plate and stainless steel clutch springs, Motul 300V 4T synthetic oil, K&N oil and air filter

Gilles Tooling adjustable rear sets with carbon fiber heel guard and ceramic coated Termignoni carbon exhaust (and yes there is a chicken strip on my tire)

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
Re: My Bucket List Build
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:57 pm »
updated...
good pics of the carbon fiber tank runners, carbon fiber undertail, new pilot power one front and rear tires, and a new toy in the driveway :)

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:23:01 pm »
Added.... Red EK chain, Oberon red billet slave cylinder, Bitubo steering damper, and Red silicone hoses
more to come, just revamping my wallet at the moment lol

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:25:14 pm by Knoxvillan »

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »
you sir

SUCK!!!!!! LOL J/K gorgeous duc!!!!!
81 gl1100....

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 08:13:19 pm »
WoW :D Man what a bike!! I love it. Dude you have no Idea when I seen all that carbon I now I have to wash my shirt from all the drool. You need to post a pic of that in the Rider of the month!!!!
http://easttnbikers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1464.0

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 10:48:59 pm »
Thanks fellas...I really do appreciate the approval (from you too Jeff lmao) I have put some seriously nasty wrecked bikes back together as stunt bikes and some other odds and ends from out of my garage, but while i was in Daytona Beach at tech school, I stumbled across this stock bike, just asking for me to make it over. Always loved the L twin and Duc's styling so i jumped at it. I am still planning to snag some BST carbon wheels, carbon tank, carbon headlight mask and carbon tail section to it, so it isnt quite ready to post up in a bike of the month thread. I am wanting to "murder" it out in carbon fiber so i am busting my tail at work to get it finished by spring :) so i will update this thread and post it up when i get some good action shots of it when it is done.

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:15:24 pm »
the duc sf line is one of my fav bikes. the monster s4r is also up there too....
81 gl1100....

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:41:08 am »
The SR4 is a beautiful motorcycle. I'll be out on it tomorrow. We are doing the Toys for Tots ride, :jacked from the shop at 11 to Smokies Stadium then heading out on the ride at 1 from there

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 08:56:54 pm »
I was plannign on going. (VIA ride and events thread) But I just got my new bike today and its not registered yet so I don't think I am going to chance it. too many asshats to make a bad day if something went wrong. :( But I will be at the Marine TFT next weekend for sure.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 11:17:38 pm »
just come and meet us at the shop at 10:45, and go to the stadium, hang out for a while and go back roads home when the ride starts. It's all good. I will not ride with that many people that I dont know and be curious on how they ride. i'll be going on my own at 1 when the ride starts. you can meet me at my house in Seymour if you want me to ride behind you. pm me if you want to

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 06:10:32 am »
Most of them ride very well. But the problem is it's a big accordion. then you get those few bad apples and you worry about them smacking into the back of you when it does accordion. haha

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 07:41:56 am »
Most of them ride very well. But the problem is it's a big accordion. then you get those few bad apples and you worry about them smacking into the back of you when it does accordion. haha

LOL I havent heard it put a better way.....So true

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 08:02:54 pm »
Did you get your replacement rearset yet?

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »
lol nope, still waiting....blasted Ducati's, it takes 3 weeks to a month to get anything from across the pond for these things lmao. The silver lining to my lowside is that i now have a good reason to go ahead and order the carbon oversized air ducts and carbon kick stand. lol i'm already spending money, may as well finish off a couple of pieces that i have been up in the air about.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »
A carbon Kick stand is freaking awesome...........Gawd I love carbon. haha About as much as the Harley Guys like chrome.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 09:21:10 pm »
yea, i think i may have gone a little far with the carbon thus far being that it hasnt, and may not see a track, but i did have a plan to make it match closely to my truck (only with the carbon instead of black paint  :3 ) and the red touches like the coolant hoses and grips, and etc...

so im planning to darken it a little with a carbon tank, wheels, tail section and headlight mask so they can be twins. I'm now running into the parts that i cant just run down and pick up without putting a bruise on the checking account so the final project still seems a ways off. lol im obviously not much into chrome. I like it on other's bikes and vehicles, just not so much on my own 

Offline Darren Burnett

• True Member
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 11:16:58 pm »
I really like that truck Gilligan !! 
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa-OEM tank emblems

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 11:22:21 pm »
I really like that truck Gilligan !! 

Thanks buddy....looks a lot different when it's actually clean

Offline Darren Burnett

• True Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 12:03:19 am »
clea is a temporary state of being....hey, remind me when I get back...battery, wheels, doors...hahaha
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa-OEM tank emblems

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10:39 am »
ok...remind me to remind you tho

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 06:57:33 am »
That's pretty nice even if it is a ford :34

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 07:59:00 am »
That's pretty nice even if it is a ford :34
LMAO yeah the only thing wrong with it is everything inside the oval hahaha

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 07:19:19 pm »
Well the madness of rebuilding and continuing my build is back under way with my new kickstand. Yes it is a solid block of carbon fiber lol  ;D

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2011, 06:04:39 pm »
That's the sweetest looking kickstand I have ever seen!! :d
I thought I passed you going towards Knoxville the other day? not sure. but it was the same bike.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 06:25:16 pm »
lol if it was yesterday, then yes i was on my way to pick this stand up and fit it  :21

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2011, 12:39:40 am »
you sir officially suck.... just sayin, lol
81 gl1100....

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2011, 07:18:50 am »
you sir officially suck.... just sayin, lol
do you mind if i take that in the absolute nicest way possible??? LMAO

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:22 am »
:23

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:48 am »
do you mind if i take that in the absolute nicest way possible??? LMAO

no not at all..... lol
81 gl1100....

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 08:02:06 pm »
well everything other than the two biggest parts have been ordered. new updates to follow as the parts come in and get installed  ;D