Author Topic: Need a Valve Shim  (Read 1114 times)

Offline 8Ball

• Mr. Clean
  • True Member
Need a Valve Shim
« on: January 04, 2011, 07:43:54 pm »
I decided to check valve clearances since my R6 is apart.  15 of the valve clearances were good...and one is just out of the tight end of the spec. :11

So I had to remove the exhaust cam for ONE shim!  Anyway, does anyone have a 180 shim I can buy or exchange?  It is the 7mm dia type.  I have a few different sizes if you want to exchange.  I have several 170's and 172's and a 184.  I also have two larger diameter ones that came out of a TL1000 but I can't read the sizes.  One is a 2_5 and the other is a 2_8, but I can't read the middle numbers.
Quote from: jeff5150
just follow 129 on the map towards nc til it looks like a kid drawing it had a siezure
Quote from: Tomsljr
Know the difference between crack heads and Gap addicts? I have heard of people quitting crack.

I find a Soap Box comes in handy when getting on and off my High Horse!

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Need a Valve Shim
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 07:49:02 pm »
Have you checked with brian? kpsr? I sure he would have one.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline kpsr

Re: Need a Valve Shim
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:11:52 pm »
I have the shims you need. I can also custom grind to the thickness you need. Give me a call and swing by the shop tomorrow.