Author Topic: Looking for some Sportbike riders to ride with!  (Read 4140 times)

Offline fpierce22

Looking for some Sportbike riders to ride with!
« on: January 21, 2012, 04:01:31 pm »
Hey guys, Ive been a member of ETN Bikers for a little while now.  Ive tried a few times to organize some rides in the upcoming rides sections with the disclaimer that I ride at an above average yet responsible pace but havent ever gotten much of a response.  I bit about myself:  I ride a Triumph Sprint ST and a Suzuki Katana 750 and pretty much keep to the back roads.  I live about 20 minutes from the hill so I frequent it but love to go down into western NC or northern GA.  I belong to a riding group but we dont ride a lot as a group so just looking for some other like minded riders out there that like to ride hard and have a good time ;).  Anyone??

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Looking for some Sportbike riders to ride with!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 10:54:33 am »
I am in when I can. :21 there are several of us with the same mind set here. :21 Although this time of year is hard to make it to the hill. I love the hill but salt being laid down makes me stay away until after good hard rain and temps above 60. Not that I am a fair weather riding by all means. but for some reason I can't go there without "playing" :34

Although I would love to get together and ride some of the Western NC roads that I hear alot about. I really want to get with some people like you, Mariad, and the IrideWeaternNC guy and check out some of those great roads around there and north Georgia.
My days off are Wed, Sat, & Sun

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline fpierce22

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 07:51:56 pm »
Good to hear man.  Im off on Sat. and Sun. too and I have some flexibility during the week in case the weather's going to be perfect.   

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 02:22:04 am »
Bear with us till warmer weather and unsalted roads.  I generally park it this time of year unless its over 45f and clean rds.  Unfortunately thats usually just afer a rain comes thru..

Once good weather gets here you can find me on the hill Sat n Sun every few weeks, Once summer gets here I go up n play at nite w/ zero traffic and no LEO.
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline TNTracy

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 05:04:10 pm »
just looking for some other like minded riders out there that like to ride hard and have a good time ;).  Anyone??

NO   

LOL, I will go again Frank.  After it warms up tho.  ;D    So no more week days ride for ya?  That sucks
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

WWW.Ridewnc.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/TNTracy1000

Offline fpierce22

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 06:08:11 pm »
Yeah I can go on weekdays, its just limited.  I didnt realize how hard it would be to find people to ride in the winter when I bought all this damn heated gear! :angry.  I feel like I have to ride to get my money's worth. :21

Offline ersg6

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 09:49:23 pm »
I would definitely be interested. My schedule is pretty free and with a little notice I could do it almost any time. Just wanting to wait a little for it to warm up ;)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »
I ride all the time --- but, looks too fast for this Ol Man  :groan
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline magnecraft

• True Member
  • old clapped out street car
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:49 am »
I am planning to ride over to the Gap Thursday, it is the opening day of the store and it is supposed to be warm. I drove over the hill in my car Thursday on my way to Murphy, NC and the rain had washed off the salt so if they haven't re-salted it it should be in pretty good shape. I might even scout it today. I am not a knee dragger but i ride pretty fast, my skill lever is not there yet but i am working on it.
if you post a ride I'll try to make it, might be the rear guard but that is OK with me.
rich
ETB Rocks! Don't forget this is a member supported site so kick in a few bucks when you can. $$ We want it to live long and prosper.

Offline fpierce22

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:13:10 am »
Rich, just saw your post.  Im trying to plan something for western NC either tommorrow or Thursday if youre interested.

Offline magnecraft

• True Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 10:27:27 am »
I will be back from Atlanta Wednesday night. If the weather is still looking good I might be into that. Give me a rough idea of your route.
I am battling a bum knee right now, it causes me to have to stop more often than normal (30-40 min and I have to stretch it out for a 5-10 min) if that would drive you crazy let me know, we'll wait til I'm in better shape.
Rich
ETB Rocks! Don't forget this is a member supported site so kick in a few bucks when you can. $$ We want it to live long and prosper.

Offline magnecraft

• True Member
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:32:01 am »
oh, and you might be waiting for me from time to time, I'm no knee dragger. I like to go fast but still working on my cornering line and in and out speeds.

Offline EVILTWIN

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 11:33:52 am »
I try and find peeps around my area as well but seems to be too many "squids" and kids that just ride stupid? Also seems like quite a few members on here live outta knox so that makes it hard on me,too.I DID have a guy that i used to ride all over with but i had an situation last summer with my bike being stolen and word was goin around that peeps were wonderin if he had something to do with it so when i asked him about it,he pretty much gave me the finger and said he was off to find "real" friends,so,i ride solo again? Always lookin' to meet and ride with new peeps if and when available?Holla!

Offline magnecraft

• True Member
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 08:36:23 am »
I try and find peeps around my area as well but seems to be too many "squids" and kids that just ride stupid? Also seems like quite a few members on here live outta knox so that makes it hard on me,too.I DID have a guy that i used to ride all over with but i had an situation last summer with my bike being stolen and word was goin around that peeps were wonderin if he had something to do with it so when i asked him about it,he pretty much gave me the finger and said he was off to find "real" friends,so,i ride solo again? Always lookin' to meet and ride with new peeps if and when available?Holla!

are you working this saturday? The knee draggers ball is 6-?  so i thought about riding the hill a time or two just before that.

Offline alexfleury

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 02:08:40 am »
I'm an old man a Bandit 600, but I'll go drag a peg with you sometime.  I'm one exit from 116 (Devil's Triangle)

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 01:08:11 pm »
im up for it as long as im off work and no salt on the roads(even though that hasnt stopped some of us, lol) and decent temps. cold tires/cold road not fun
81 gl1100....

Pattigoin

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »
I'll go... :21

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
Re: Re: Looking for some Sportbike riders to ride with!
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 02:14:47 pm »
Will be after all my treatments so beginning of next year but count me in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2