Author Topic: OHV Trails, Forest Trails and Daydreaming  (Read 4525 times)

Offline NeeNee

OHV Trails, Forest Trails and Daydreaming
« on: January 15, 2011, 07:18:22 pm »
OK, I keep finding myself daydreaming about being on the backroads on my TW.  So, I get on the internet and do a search and keep coming back to these two sites.  http://www.coalcreekohv.com/  and   http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/4x4%20Trails/Tennessee/Scott/BrimstoneRecreationOHVTrails.htm  .
Anyone every been to either one of these?  The website makes them look soooo enticing.  I haven't gone to see them yet in person because even though they are not that far from where I live I don't have enough experience riding to be comfortable riding on the BIG highways yet and I didn't have a way to transport my bike to them.  That is not the case anymore.  Recently, I purchased a truck, now I can safely and snuggly, tuck my TW in the back of the truck (and have plenty of room left over for matching riding accessories) and visit wherever I want. I do not live far from the Cher. Nat For. and have been enjoying riding those trails, they are close and convenient and free.  My experience riding is I have been 4 times, and cannot wait to go on ride number 5 ( and 6,7,8, etc.......).  If I am still addicted to riding by the end of this year, I can a street bike in near future.  I must say though, there is nothing like riding the dirt trails, hanging out with your friend(s), eating the dust that comes your way and washing it down with a beer at the store on the corner of Paved Road and Dirt Road and wondering, "Which way do we go now?  Where is the sun setting?  Ok, that means West must be that way!!!!"   Can you relate to what I am saying?
1996 Yamaha TW200

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
Re: OHV Trails, Forest Trails and Daydreaming
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:19:58 pm »
Well if you change it to be pavement n leave out the beer till the days is done..

Yes I can relate and I have Bad news for you..

Are you ready for this.. ?

Nope its not the Geico slogan...

Your Addicted Woman..
Welcome to our group meetings..
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Diannaleigh

• I like MotorBoats !!!!!
  • True Member
  • Head Biker Mama :P
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 11:24:03 pm »
Hey Nee, I have been to Coal Creek OHV! All I can say is I :D anytime I think about it!!!! That is some of the best riding I have been on, and it isn't as hairy as some of the forest trails over this way. :) If you ever wanna go for a group ride let me know.
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.  ~Author Unknown

Offline joe

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 08:41:56 am »
I'm in for a group ride!

Offline NeeNee

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 10:24:43 am »
Hey Dia, that sounds like a great idea.  Lets talk about when we can get together and a group go.
1996 Yamaha TW200

Offline NeeNee

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 10:59:47 am »
Hey, glad to see you are on board with a group ride.  Anyone else interested just post it and let's get it together.
1996 Yamaha TW200

Offline Diannaleigh

• True Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 10:38:27 pm »
It would be late Feb before I could down to do that ride on my dualsport. :) I gotta buy it. I wanna a dual sport so bad I can't even see straight!

It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »
Well as soon as the rds are clear you can bet I will be out n about when Im home.

What kind of mileage do yall like to do.  I can rattle off all kinds of routes in almost every direction if its on pavement.

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Diannaleigh

• True Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 12:30:16 am »
For this ride we are specifically talking this OHV trail. As for pavement, I am in! :) My kat needs to get out and get some love... Gonna be two weeks before I can though. *sigh* Stuff to do, classes to take :( BLERG! Hopefully that will give it time to clear out the weather :)

Offline NeeNee

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 08:10:07 pm »
OMG!  I have been working way too much and definitely not enough play.  OK, we gotta plan a trip, I don't care when we go, I just need to know that in my near future I am going.  My bike needs nothing done to it except me ride, and I am ready to do just that.  Am I the only one that feels this way?
1996 Yamaha TW200

Offline Diannaleigh

• True Member
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 09:25:12 pm »
OMG!  I have been working way too much and definitely not enough play.  OK, we gotta plan a trip, I don't care when we go, I just need to know that in my near future I am going.  My bike needs nothing done to it except me ride, and I am ready to do just that.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

NO! No you aren't! I am ready too!!!!!!!! I just need the weather to cooperate... lol!!!

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 10:57:11 pm »
Weather is definately an issue at the moment.

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Diannaleigh

• True Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2011, 12:04:18 am »
Weather is definately an issue at the moment.
:5 :5 :5 :5 No doubt!

Offline NeeNee

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »
Dia, Since I live so far south from you guys, I could put my bike in my truck and bring it with me to where-ever and whenever we can ride.  Really excited about checking out one of the OHV places, Coal Creek or Brimstone.  I am up for a road ride after I get back on my bike and ride a little bit again.  4 times riding experience and I still get butterflies when I get on my bike and think about CARS behind me.  But, I am up for it.  Can't wait to meet some peeps that I have been chatting with.  U all are great.
1996 Yamaha TW200