Author Topic: This is why we wear gear!!  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
This is why we wear gear!!
« on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
Check out this Video. Pretty much sums it up folks. No one is perfect. and I wish i followed AGATT but please try to when when you can cause you just never know!!

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: This is why we wear gear!!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 08:49:19 pm »
Crap, that is scary.  :groan
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 06:07:57 pm »
i'll be the first to admit i dont follow atgatt but i do wear my puddin' bowl, gloves, boots and long pants all the time. i just hate to wear a jacket even in the winter.

besides, chicks dig scars.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:56:04 pm »
:lol

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:16:09 pm »
I truthfully don't see many (percentage of riders) wear gear.  ::)

Am I missing something.  ???
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline tnzeder

• True Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 10:27:16 am »
   Amen to that.  Last weekend I witnessed a few riders looking like they had been walking in the dessert all day, well wearing only helmet and gloves is better than nothing but with today's materials on the market, you don't have to sweat it out in cowhide during hot wheather. Ever wonder why the Arabs wear those "sheets" ?  When I ride if ilt's too hot for me I go with 4 wheels and a roof. I use a part mesh protective jacket that breathes well and still protects the skin, thus protecting from sunburn and dehydration, which many peeps seem to overlook, I tell you when I am totally covered including Knee/shin guards , chest forearms shoulder gear, I still manage to beat the heat. Sometimes when I leave work and it's 80+ out and I'm carrying my jacket I hear "damn ain't it hot for a coat?" I just smile and say, you never skidded across pavement have you?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:30:10 am by tnzeder »

Offline littlebiglee

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 12:00:42 pm »
I have noticed that the newer the rider the less likely he is to have gear, and the more likely to take chances. If you watch the Mulholand Hwy. vidioes the experienced riders have all the gear and do not go down, while almost everyone that goes down has no gear. I learned towear gear 47 years ago with my Mini-Bike in a cow field. Nothing major, but it did hurt. Hit once on the road, bruised but no Hamburger off of me. Ride safe!

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
Re: Re: This is why we wear gear!!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 03:15:23 pm »
Yeah that's why I always wear some gear. Got knocked under a 4wheeler when I was 12 and my leg looked like that and was on cruches half the summer

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Offline cowboy450

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 09:26:15 pm »
The shot of that hand gave me the hebbie jebbies. I don't usually wear much gear, just always long pants and boots but I may give that some thought.
82 Aspencade, 83 Interstate, 81 Bobber

A Goldwing isn't an old mans bike, it's a wise mans bike. Often that wisdom comes with age.