Author Topic: Looking for INSURANCE for the riding season?  (Read 6874 times)

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
  • Riding with isn't so bad...
    • Lamons Insurance Info
Looking for INSURANCE for the riding season?
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:04:43 am »
Hello fellow bikers!

If you are looking for insurance for your bike, we may be the right place for you. We offer competitive rates with many options. We are an independent company in Oliver Springs, TN but we can cover all of Tennessee. Along with motorcycle coverage we also offer the following:

personal auto
commercial auto
homeowners
renters
recreational vehicles (i.e. rails, atv, rv)

We have discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowners, marriage, prior insurance, and more. We also have special bonds and services with those that have a not-so-perfect driving history, including SR-22 filing. For those that have an older bike that want to get what it's worth, we have an option for stated value. For those that have all the bells and whistles on the newer bikes we have accessory coverage inluded covering $3k and available options to add up to $30k. We offer on-the-spot policies and 24/7 customer care.

If you are on the go and just want to send us a quick message with cares or concerns, visit our mobile site:

http://m.wix.com/tmheltonlic/lic-website

Here is the contact info you need for all of your quote and policy questions:

Dave Lamons
work cell: (865)660-0170
fax: (888)752-8007
email: qualityrooster@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 07:42:31 am by kawidoll »
It's not about what you ride or how you ride it, but it's about the amout of joy that riding brings you while you're doing it.

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
Re: Re: Looking for INSURANCE for the riding season?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 12:34:49 pm »
Nice timing, I'm thoroughly cheesed with Progressive and was looking for a new carrier that would do agreed upon values for my vintage stuff. You'll be getting a call.

Sent telepathically using Tapatalk 2.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Looking for INSURANCE for the riding season?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:23:45 pm »
I am very happy with what there are going to do for me.  -Happy Customer for sure- :21

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:28:50 pm »
Ian, what happened with Progressive, that is current who I have and have been very happy with them.  I have never actually needed them though.

Tabatha I might give ya a call tomorrow to check so quotes.

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 07:11:24 pm »
We bought my wife's car with a salvage title because of hail. It was hardly noticeable but this most recent round of hail really did a number on it. Kris took it to the appraiser and he told her she was lying about the size of the hail (it was pea sized hail which is what she told him, he said the dings had to have been caused by golf ball ball to baseball sized hail. I'm sorry but if golf ball or baseball sized hail were falling there wouldn't be much little 626 left.) He then threatened us with felony fraud. That's what really pissed me off. I don't need the money and really could care less. They could have said something like, 'Oh hey, we're sorry you've been paying comprehensive on a car we can't/won't actually cover so here is a partial refund of your payments.' Or even just talked to her about it like an adult. Instead he called her a liar and threatened criminal charges. I was absolutely furious.
The same month I got something saying I got a discount because of my safe driving record yet my rates went UP by 10 bucks a month. They said it was an insurance hike for the entire state of TN. I haven't verified that yet.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:43:44 pm »
I have not shopped around for a couple years.

However, when I switched from State Farm to Farm Bureau - Saved $1200 per year on everything (At that time - house, van, truck, motorhome, one motorcycle, and extra liability policy) Max coverage on everything as required by the extended liability.

There MC does not provide any Medical. Actually. I think it is formed out to some other company. 

One has to really make sure they are comparing apple to apples on coverage (Liability amounts, deductibles, collision, etc.) as you know. 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 10:53:54 pm »
@bosgarage57: call anytime. Our office hours are from 9-2:30 but we take work with us when we leave. You can always get in touch we me or Dave (my boss). It's rare that we are both tied up at the same time.
@IanC: Progressive is our biggest seller, but not our only. If you are interested in finding out whether there really was a rate increase across TN, let me know when roughly it happened and I can get an answer for you.
It's not about what you ride or how you ride it, but it's about the amout of joy that riding brings you while you're doing it.

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 10:47:25 am »
If nothing else, definitely insure your bike for comprehensive. I'm plain sick of hearing "Oh, my bike was stolen and I will never have cash to replace it" yadda yadda.  If you can't write that $5,000+15,000 check to replace it, then you CAN write a $30 check to do so. If you don't? Don't get on here whining about making payments for something you no longer have.  This is spring and this is also when most bikes get stolen. As summer comes and kids get out of school it gets worse.

It also goes with life insurance. It's not just for motorcycles but for everyone.  Frankly, a 'benefit ride' will conjure up maybe a grand, perhaps even 2 if you were popular enough. That covers pretty much NOTHING. A months mortgage? Maybe something towards the average $7,500+ funeral?  Then the family still has the next many years to get through. Add in a few kids and they are flat out toast.  As it's often been said, every night of the year, buildings across the world are full of an army of widowed maids...

For reference, I'm still fully licensed in life/health and property/casualty insurance though I'm not actively working in that field. I've also worked in the sheriffs office (Fla) where I got to see first hand what happens AND at State Farm Claims where I got to see the aftermath play out for years. Add in my own personal experiences and I'm pretty sure I have a solid ground to stand on. If she's a member and can help, give her a call.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 06:52:58 am »
Myk, you got me to thinking. I called tabby and upped my coverage to comp :21 I would be devistated if someone ran off with major Z. And would be stuck with no way to replace it :mad F*&kin thieves!! I HATE thieves!!

ETB Rocks!!! using Tapatalk Smart Phone App

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline skeeter

• True Member
  • if you are gonna go,go old school.
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 01:14:40 am »
i need insurance on my fokker tri wheel , it is street legal . bad thing is loylds of london wont give me life insurance . cancer , but i made it 8 years. any help?
if you are gonna go,go old school.

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 07:15:46 am »
We possibly could. I know that we can do several types of custom built rec vehicles. I will see what I can find out pr just call 8654543906 and we can go over it and see what we can do :) Hate to hear about the issues :( will be more than glad to help what I can.

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:52:50 pm »
Just wanted to update everyone and let them know that we have a few new auto carriers, and some of our old faithfuls have had a decrease in rate changes. If you are needing a quote just give us a call or shoot me an email and we can get it taken care of. We even take calls later on in the evening to accommodate crazy schedules like many of us are notorious for having :( However, if you call me between 11pm and 7am you may not get anything other than voicemail, but I do check it every morning and return calls for the messages that I have received.) Thanks ya'll!

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »
:21

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 10:01:14 pm »
Ill be coming to you after my current policy comes due

magically posted from one of my random personalities using Tapatalk 2
81 gl1100....

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »
Hurry man hurry!!!! lmao

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 01:48:16 pm »
Guess who just found out that she's getting a new carrier for motorcycle insurance in the near near future?! This girl right here!  :wahoo  ^^ Super excited to be expanding little by little. The new company will also be offering auto, home owners, mobile home, and renters coverages as well.  :32 Hooray for having another company that will offer multi-policy discounts! :clap We might be little, but we are starting to grow some big roots! :n21

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2012, 02:04:40 pm »

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Brutus Buckeye

• True Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 02:39:22 pm »
2005 Yamaha V Star Classic 1100

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 05:58:31 pm »
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2012, 07:05:48 pm »
Sending you an e-mail for a quote... :)

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2012, 07:29:31 pm »
Just got home. I'm looking for your email so maybe it will be easier when I talk to you about the quote. Will get in touch with you as soon as I get done feeding my kiddo :)

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 09:38:20 pm »
as soon as my policy is up I will check with you and see what you guys can offer
03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 11:21:04 am »
So.......... today has been an exciting day so far. I was just informed that we have Hagerty to cover not only classic cars, but what?........You guessed it  ;D motorcycles/trikes as well  :o  :wahoo I had been working on getting a quote for an awesome guy and was trying to make sure he got the best coverage for an older bike. Boss told me to check him out in Hagerty. I did and let me tell you.... I was <----> this close to doing this  ^^. Killer coverage with no deductibles for way super cheat. AND I got to quote the coverage for riding 15k miles a year for the purpose of show, pleasure, and daily driver. I'm in  :22 with all the new info! Anyone who wants to try it out, just let me know  :n21

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 11:37:04 am »
Price me out on that

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2012, 11:50:57 am »
Ok. Will do. I think I have all of the info I need but if not I will message you :)

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23:46 am »
I need to call you. Or Brad has my #, you could call me too if you want. I will need a policy for my '86 GSXR, my '98 B-12, house/property and my volvo here soon. I would like agreed value through Hagerty on my '86 too ....
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 06:29:42 am »
Yeah same as curt. Price me on that set up. Txt me if you need info. I would like to see what you guys come out to be versus geico. It gets a little expensive for 15-20k a year

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Offline B.E.G.

• True Member
  • OUTLAW
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2012, 11:11:24 am »
Price me out on that

Same here.pm me

Sent from this old school iPhone

Offline kawidoll

• True Member
    • Lamons Insurance Info
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 01:15:32 pm »
Ok people...I have spent all day looking into policices and options and picking peoples knowledge bases..... and here is what I have found:

I can do all the insurances listed in the original post of the thread. We have lots to work with to cover all different spectrums, but a couple come with stipulations. Here are a few that I have found. (After having sent in a quote, so sorry that it took me running a members info to find out all the "requirements" that had changed   :groan )

Hagerty will only write a machine that is 1985 or older. They will cover stated value with some killer options at a great price. It can be restored, unrestored, or in the process. They will not do it unless there is another machine in the home that is used as a daily driver. They don't have to be the ones to insure it. (Obviously, because most have the newer and the older when they are checking into these things, but not all. Some like their only/daily to be a classic.) There just has to be a daily driver available. They prefer not to insure them with high annual mileage, 5k-6k is on the very high end. One that is older than 1975 may allow for some leniency in the above stated stipulations, but not a guarantee.

Progressive will allow us to write the older models. They have a set criteria to meet for it to be stated value as opposed to actual cash value. It varies per bike so we would just have to try it out and see what our options are.

I do not have a company at the moment that has a discount titled "storage" for the off season, but for those that lock their bike up a certain times of year and do not ride it at all, we can adjust your coverages to save your money and still be covered in the event of things such as theft. If you choose to ride while you have the revised coverages, all you would have to do is call me and I could change it back on the spot for a random or planned outing.

We also have a company that loves writing high end coverages, so if you are looking for lower deductibles and lots of the "cover your butt" perks and options, we may be able to find something for you that will be competitive with other companies who target those that are at or just above state minimum.

All that being said, I am currently still digging for as much into into the special situations as I can get my hands on so that there are no more "suprises". If anyone would like a quote, I will be available all day today. I am not in the office or on call either one on Monday or Wednesday until after 4pm. For those that are up early or work crazy hours, I am up in the mornings and available to do quotes at 7:15-7:20 A.M. pending the school bus picks the girl up on time. If you need anything and I am unreachable, please feel free to talk to Dave (my boss) a.k.a. Rooster. Tell him you're from ETB and he will do everything he can to help you out. (The guy is pretty awesome and has taught me most everything I know.) Thanks for letting me work with you all. I look forward to talking to everyone.  ;D

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 02:40:15 pm »
Well, I just tried to call you. And you are on the other line , blah,blah,blah with some one else right now ....LOL ....

I don't feel special anymore .... :'(
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL