Author Topic: We Are A Fully Member Supported Site  (Read 38599 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
We Are A Fully Member Supported Site
« on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »

This year we have moved to a different format for this site. We created this site as riders supporting riders. We have not gone out and actively seeked out contributions from Businesses to support our site this year. Instead we have relied on member donations to keep the site going. This way there is no question the intentions of Dustin (SilverZZR) And I. Even with the few Advertising dollars we got in last year we still made several sacrifices to do things for this great site. We are very proud of the way this site has grown and the amazing people I have gotten to meet this past year and a half. And I personally consider each and everyone on here close friends that I would do just about anything for. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to be apart of such an amazing group of people.

There are alot of things that go into a site like this to keep it going. Obviously the hosting, and online associated costs. But all the little things that go into it. Much like the Decals that we give out, Banners that are made, Flyers for events Ect. We also have plans  for shirts and Site Cook outs. Which you know has up front costs to get them started.

This is not a M/C Club that takes dues or requirements of certain bikes. We are like minded people that share a common interest and great fellowship. I pride my self on that fact that we have such a diverse riding group that has respect for each other no matter what we ride. From Paul that rides his scooter (and has the BEST rides!!) To us sportbike hooligans. :34 we all ride together and have some of the best times imaginable.   Although some of the rides became large learning curves.  (much like the tree house ride :groan ) I think we are on the right track. I hope we are around for years to come making memories that will last a lifetime.

Current Vendors and Dealers.
 we do have currently Vendors and dealers on this site. Do not confuse these with just some Paid Advertisers.  These are Active members on this site that happen to have a Local small business that cater to motorcycles in some way. Be sure to check these guys out in the Vendor and dealer section and the direct links at the bottom of the Main Forum Page. You will find people like Spike240SX that owns Motowerks that also helps out big time when it comes to our decals, signs, and banners. MIPLAYSTATION that owns Iron Riders Out post. He is currently located in the Smokey Mountain Flee Market on exit 407. he carries all your leather and accessory needs. And he can get you a great ETB deal.  You can see him most Bike Nights on his Star ship enterprise. DAVE2 That owns 129slayer.com  he helps us out with hill pics and posters. You can find him most days up on the hill. Be sure to stop and chat with him a while. He gets lonely. Kawidoll, Which get us great rates on motorcycle insurance for ETB members. You can find her on some of our rides and bike nights riding with her boyfriend Blkz1k. kpsr that owns willis cycle works. He can get all your parts and get them installed in his shop. just behind biker rags.

If you would like to make a donation to the site it would be greatly appreciated. Alot of us are on hard times due to the economy so it is not expected AT ALL!! Please know that every dollar will go strait to the site and solely to grow and to do things as a group. This will be completely separate from any and all benefits or fundraisers.

I don't want to make it sound like anyone is asking for money. I have had several people bring this up and have donated this year. So I thought it was only proper to make an official announcement and Explanation of being a fully member supported site. Again just wanting people to know and understand the intentions and plans for ETB.

We thank each and everyone one of you for signing up and creating some of the greatest times. Hopefully there will be many many more to come.  :21

Use this Link to Pay with Pay-pal, Credit, Or Debit Card

Paypal link for donations to ETB

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 10:11:47 pm by Curtie223 »

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: We Are A Fully Member Supported Site
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 10:10:44 pm »
A big thanks to sam (MARID) for the set up on the Pay-pal Link. :clap

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
Re: Re: We Are A Fully Member Supported Site
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:40:56 pm »
And of course a big thanks to everyone who spreads the word, mods the forum and makes this looney bin awesome.

Sent telepathically using Tapatalk 2.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 03:03:33 am »
Ahh Curt, You say the sweetest things......

Must agree even though im 3 hrs from where most of you live Ive met some great people here too, And been more than happy to help a few out. I hope this site continues to grow and prosper.
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 05:27:43 am »
I too live quite a ways away from all of you. I try to make what events I can. It's been really difficult since I took this job at VW down in Chatt. But, I'm fixing the ole Gixx and working less hours this year. So, I hope to make more events.
I really hope this awesome site grows and lasts forever. It's made up of some of the best people I have ever met...

Curt, you know I don't use PP, but I will catch up with you here soon ......
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 08:10:57 am »
Haven't had a lot of real friends since I got outta school several years ago (to many fake people in the world), but now that I found ETB and have went on a few rides I can say I've got some good friends on here!  I really appreciate all the mods on here and everything they do for this site - and all the ride organizers for getting all of us crazy people together to go explore the world.  So, to all the people that work so hard for ETB.... :rock

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 10:26:08 am »
okay folks, i tried to run a similar idea by curt, but either he didnt want to ebay or he honestly didnt think i should give up any of my multiples of goldwing pieces. as disgustingly nice as he is, i'd say he didnt think i should give up parts.

anyway. i have no idea what it costs to maintain a website. but i have an idea or two that might help.

got multiples of spares? donate them to the etb ebay fund.

if we had enough pieces, then we build a bike to sell. maybe ebay, maybe raffle?

ive seen the work some of you guys do, its top notch stuff. if we had a large enough pile of pieces, could we build a ratbike (random pieces you understand) to sell to keep the site up? some of those things sell for a rediculous price.

i have parts i can donate, two good hands and a little free time to work with. and i have a ratbike mindset, btw. it wouldnt have to be a massive rompemstopem or some shiny showpiece. but a running, unique piece.

for that matter, i have some briggs v twin motors and comet clutches to build a scooter type rat.

i mean, how long would a couple grand keep etb going? i dunno. but it would help, im sure.

so anyway, thats my idea.

http://www.ratbike.org/    just for an idea of what i have in mind (and one of my fave sites)

just tryin' to help where i can.

:pop
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 04:12:16 pm »
I have 2 sets of handlebars, 1 drag and 1 cruiser. Also have headlights.

Also how about something cheap(ish) like kickstand pucks, then selling them for a few bucks more?  Guy over on ZRXOA made pucks and selling them for $13, all of it going to donations to keep the site up.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 05:42:28 pm »
Okay  it has come to my attention that there s been several donations  but they are not coming trough. So pease just send them through the pay pal site to curtie223@gmail.com

Also if you tried to use the link please send me a pm. Thanks

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline magnecraft

• True Member
  • old clapped out street car
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 07:38:46 pm »
Okay  it has come to my attention that there s been several donations  but they are not coming trough. So pease just send them through the pay pal site to curtie223@gmail.com

Also if you tried to use the link please send me a pm. Thanks

i sent something in using the PP Donate button, did it come through (travelinman072)?
ETB Rocks! Don't forget this is a member supported site so kick in a few bucks when you can. $$ We want it to live long and prosper.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 07:43:01 pm »
Yes sir  thank you sir

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 09:10:06 pm »
I love the idea of building a rat bike. I have all kinds of different parts

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »
i have a few ideas. and i have some parts. but i gotta be up front, i reallly like the look and feel of rust on a rat. >:D

Offline Spike240SX

• LED Lighting Nut
  • True Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2012, 11:45:02 pm »
Ive got a rolling frame with engine. Not sure of the condition of the engine though. And im not sure what the is too.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 06:53:18 am »
Sounds like we need to have wrenching session!

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 09:25:34 am »
sweeeeeet!!! :22

alrighty then, looks like we need to find somewhere to collectively build a monster.

Offline Spike240SX

• LED Lighting Nut
  • True Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 12:20:08 pm »
My place is always available!

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 03:03:49 pm »
okay then. where is your place? hopefully you are sorta centrally located to the group at large.

:clap

Offline Spike240SX

• LED Lighting Nut
  • True Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 04:30:53 pm »
North knox

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
    • Tennessee Sons of Liberty RC
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2012, 01:48:02 am »
I gave a little Via Pay Pal... as for the Rat Project I have extra set of Fenders and a complete exhaust system.. off of my Maxim

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 04:18:37 am »
curt, I will be up in sevierville this afternoon working.... can we meet up somewhere???

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 06:03:39 am »
Yes sir  just give me a shout. Dont let me forget this time to give you that pool temp gauge we ordered a while back

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 06:13:26 am »
Oh heck...yea, that finally came in huh ....good deal ...

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 09:23:20 am »
I had it last time. Just forgot. :groan

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

drop

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 05:30:28 pm »
i dont see the point in joining "clubs" and "pay dues" .. my opinion is all the dues are is the "bosses" new bike payment. secondly, this was the first knee draggers ball i have ever been to... enjoyed seeing some friends.. BUT with that said, there was MAYBE and i say MAYBE 10 knee draggers there and one of them was a 12 year old.. was not impressed..

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2012, 04:40:46 pm »
^ +1 ....and I was not one of the knee draggers, more like a knee dragger in training :)  hey that's what I want it to say under my ETB name ;)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2012, 08:51:54 pm »
Done....... :3

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Brian-

• True Member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2012, 09:19:22 pm »
This is why I love this site, the members, and everything about it, no homo. :) this is the greatest and friendliest group of people I have ever had the pleasure of being able to call my true friends. +1 to you all!

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 07:21:21 am »
Ha! Freaking awesome! Thanks curt

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12