Author Topic: Ebay Cell Phone/GPS Water Proof Holder ($15.07) shipped  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Ebay Cell Phone/GPS Water Proof Holder ($15.07) shipped
« on: June 04, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320569328971?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3103wt_1097

Jeff5150 Told me about this holder that works for most Smart Phones and GPS devices. and at $15.07 shipped figured I couldn't go wrong. The seller has very detailed pics and Description. I went with this particular one over some of the others I seen on there because of the adjustability of the mount. The shipping was pretty fast. I ordered it wed afternoon and got it in the mail today. From first look it's a quality product. So far so good. Took only minutes to install. very easy and the only tool I needed was an 8mm socket. After getting everything lined up where I wanted it and placing my phone in it I noticed that the touch/view area for the phone seamed as though there was too much plastic. Causing it to bunch up when operating my phone or navigation. Although a bit annoying it doesn't stop me from being able to use it. What I like most about it is that it is waterproof. Which is okay in the rain and dirt roads. The part that holds the phone snaps on and off to make it easy for getting you phone in and out of the case. Or to take it in the resturant, stop, or hotel with you. It also has a place on the bottom/side (depending on how you position it) for you power or head phone cords.
Could it have been a bit better?....yeah but can't everything. :34 All in all for $15 shipped I will buy another one for the other bike. Satisfied Customer...

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
Re: Ebay Cell Phone/GPS Water Proof Holder ($15.07) shipped
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 04:04:20 pm »
Ive had one of these for about 3 years, and used it on many bikes.  Most of the time its just on it "Just in case" if it starts raining I can put my GPS in it real quick.  For the price I like mine as well.

Offline Spike240SX

• LED Lighting Nut
  • True Member
Re: Re: Ebay Cell Phone/GPS Water Proof Holder ($15.07) shipped
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:39:49 pm »
the mount that comes with it will actually hold docks for many devices. I know that my GPS and a Droid x car dock would be a perfect match. So it may be a very versatile mount system

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 06:52:20 pm »
I got to use this for a whole day of riding for the first time. And well........ You can have it for free. The holder is on 640E on the bridge before I40 :34
To start off why it's there It being waterproof also means no air gets in there. (something I didn't think of) So that means that riding with the sun hitting it your phone will go into melt down. Waiting on TNzeder at the Autism ride I decided to check ETB on my phone. Then I noticed that it was in cool down mode because of over heating. Then on our way to Sevierville for the cancer ride the holder came off of the handle bar mount. :mad By the time I got back to it looks as though a couple of cars done my new phone in. :groan this was at 63mph. No hooliganism, no speeding (63mph), Just normal riding. So in My opinion this is not a recommended buy. 

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Spike240SX

• LED Lighting Nut
  • True Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »
Ram mount it is then

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:35 pm »
Well....I stopped on 640 today where the case was still sitting on the Bridge and Picked it up. What I am going to do is still use it. (once I get another phone :mad ) but I will this time use seal all and permanently mount the case to the mount. Thus not coming off again. Although once I do this it will not be able to be adjustable cause of not being able to reach the nut behind it. 

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 08:46:04 am »
Ram mount it is then

I <3 my ram mount for my phone. I just put it in an otter box case and slide it into the 'fingers'!