Author Topic: Interphone F4 Bluetooth Intercom System (Updated!)  (Read 15290 times)

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
Interphone F4 Bluetooth Intercom System (Updated!)
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:04:00 pm »
just wanted to put the placeholder up so that i will follow through with the review on it now.. got some really good riding time in with it and want to share my findings!

OK! better now than never.. I first picked up my F4 on ebay for about $50 it came with nothing other than the Bluetooth unit itself. Now most people would not have done this and opted for a unit that was new.. this is the first thing that lets you know this is a hardy unit! The fellow i bought it from had used it a good bit and decided to upgrade. I was able to find the accessories for my Interphone at an aftermarket sales online shop (www.bluetechguy.com) service was great and prompt and there were no problems with any of the parts! Charged the unit up, mounted it on my helmet, and connected my phone.. and WOW it was good to go! The unit was a bit banged up and ragged looking but it has held true! now for the nitty gritty.. This particular model of interphone was manufactured with a blue ant bluetooth which if you have never used.. OMG they are the best.. out of all the headphones/bluetooth devices i have used.. i would put them right there with motorola and jawbone.

A Note About Interphone and BlueAnt

The origins of the Interphone F4 and their other products can be a bit confusing, but an email to BlueAnt Wireless, the distributor, generated this response, which may clear up the matter:

BlueAnt Wireless is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, with offices in Santa Clara, CA and London, England.
    BlueAnt Wireless is a manufacturer of cell phone headsets and speakerphone car kits, with numerous technology awards for our products.
    Santa Clara, California is the USA operations for all BlueAnt products, including the Interphone F4 for the USA.
    BlueAnt Wireless-USA is the exclusive distribution channel for the Interphone product line.
    The Interphone is manufactured by Cellular Line in Italy.

Here are some of the features listed from web Bike world
Features

Bluetooth intercom systems have evolved to a point where there are standard procedures for pairing with other Bluetooth devices, connecting in intercom mode, pairing and even for turning the systems on and off.

The F4 is very easy to use and the instructions, while not perfectly clear, are easy to understand and, unlike many of the earlier Bluetooth intercom systems we reviewed, everything worked on first try.

Some of the features of the Interphone F4 include:

Full duplex communications with Digital Signal Processing (DSP).
    Stereo speakers with automatic "speed noise" compensation.
    Ability to pair with up to 8 different Bluetooth devices (i.e., store up to 8 device pairings in memory; the system will not simultaneously communicate with that many devices).
    Can pair to two cell phones during any given session.
    A pair of active F4 intercoms can carry on simultaneous cell phone conversations (e.g., rider and passenger).
    Pairs with Bluetooth-enabled GPS, cell phones, music devices, etc.
    Pairs with other earlier Interphone Bluetooth intercoms.
    Claimed 10 hours of talk time and 700 hour standby time (battery not removable).
    Distributed in the U.S. by BlueAnt and covered by their two-year warranty.
    Meets excellent IP-67 waterproof and dustproof standards
(More on IP standards)
. IP 6 = Dust Tight; 7 = Immersion up to 1 m.

My use of the headset is as such: Phone, Music, and GPS all run through this unit. I am able to carry on conversations at speeds up to 70 mph depending on wind and traffic noise. Music can be heard up to 75 (i wont say if i have been faster than 75 with the unit on or not  ;D) . VOX (answer the phone with your voice) works well all you have to do is say 'Hello' when you hear the phone rings and it will answer the phone for you so your hands never have to leave the handlebars. now for a feature i have yet to test is the passenger to passenger. see i don't have another unit to talk to so i have to go with other peoples reviews and i have yet to read a bad one.

Resources: http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/interphone-f4/
http://www.myblueant.com/shop/us/products/f4.php#related
http://www.bluetechguy.com/index.php

Would I recommend this as a buy? If you are going to be riding alone or in a group yes.. I don't often get to ride in a group and the better half does not want to talk while we ride so i have my thoughts to myself.. i still would recommend this unit for music, gps, and phone usage!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you use this unit and wreck by being stupid.. the technology we use is no better than the people using it!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:01:51 pm by Darkbluexplorer »

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
Re: Interphone F4 Bluetooth Intercom System (Updated!)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:02:06 pm »
Updated!

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 05:37:03 pm »
Love that last Line :34
I personally use the ScalaFM and love it. Although it's the older one and doesn't play MP3. I can only use the radio for my listening pleasure. :) I have recently broke a tab that holds it to my helmet so I have been looking at getting something else to replace it. One of the questions I have is that on the Scala it will automatically adjust volume as the wind speed increases. Does the F4 do this? Also the Scala has such a great noise cancelling system people can't believe I am on the Bike cause they don't hear anything but my voice at interstate speeds. How is the noise cancelling on it? If you have asked people you talked to on the phone. :)

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
Re: Re: Interphone F4 Bluetooth Intercom System (Updated!)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 06:31:22 pm »
Curt honestly people don't know I'm on the bike while talking on the phone. As far as volume control via speed this version does not have that feature but the new f5 does along with tts,  a radio fm, and voice control.

Here is web bike world's take on the F5.

Curt why dont you buy m an F5 and ill let you know how much i like it!  :21

From my mobile command unit attached to my hand.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 06:36:49 pm by Darkbluexplorer »

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:44:16 pm »
Curtie are you using the boom mic setup or boomless?I may have something for you.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 08:09:16 am »
I think the boom setup.
And dark, I will work ob that :34

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 08:40:55 pm »
Next time I get up your way I have an extra for the Q2 setup.we can see if it'll work for you.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Brutus Buckeye

• True Member
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:24 pm »
Damn I feel so inadequate with my earbuds plugged into my phone listening to music now. LOL
2005 Yamaha V Star Classic 1100

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 09:53:23 pm »
It's really nice not having to run the ear buds every time you get ready to go!

From my mobile command unit attached to my hand.