Author Topic: Sygic GPS Software (offline viewing) for Android and IOS! (Updated!)  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
Same as interphone i want to put this placeholder here so i follow through with it!   ^-^

So I have been playing around with this in my cage and have been liking it a lot. granted its not a tom tom but who needs that many functions while your riding.. From the Sygic Web Site:
Sygic is a voice guided GPS navigation app. It's packed with latest maps and a robust set of navigation features. Both app and maps are updated for free. Maps are stored on the phone for offline use. Sygic is trusted by millions of customers around the globe.

Pros: Voice Navigation, automatic route corrections (no it does not say recalculating it just does it and lets you know the change that you need to make at your next turn..), low drain on battery even thought it runs in 3D and uses your internal GPS, Easy to see in daylight and at night!, Lifetime upgrades free, Download maps on the fly so if you have no cell signal you can still use this software!, online friends (if say you were meeting up with other etb members you could see where they are in live view), crowd based traffic and police reporting.

Cons: Music Volume control (being taken care of in the new version already in the works), cost (yes it does cost money but only a one time fee, interface is kinda confusing till you get use to it.

I will add more as i think about them but after using it for a 1,600 mile trip and navigating around town it works very well. I would recommend this to everyone that is looking to keep a minimal amount of gadgets on the bike!

another good review can be had here!

Available for iOS and Android!

:21 :21 :21 :21

4 out of 5 Thumbs up  ;D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:04:15 am by Darkbluexplorer »

Offline tnzeder

• True Member
 :pop

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
:pop2

Tapatalk smart phone app

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
Hope it's good, it better be for $30 after the free 7 day trial.  I think I'll stick with google navigation.  But I'm interested to see what you think about it!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:49:19 am by midknight »

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
Re: Sygic GPS Software (offline viewing) for Android and IOS! (Updated!)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 06:37:56 pm »
Heres a bump i posted the update review for Sygic  ;D

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
Re: Sygic GPS Software (offline viewing) for Android and IOS! (Updated!)
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »
I wonder if it works with everything associated with that google account or if it is 1 device only.  I'd like to have it on my tablet and phone.