Author Topic: battery tender power outlet  (Read 3369 times)

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
battery tender power outlet
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:18 am »
instead of spending $50 for the powerlet kit, I just ordered a battery tender ring terminal harness ($4.69) and Battery Tender 081-0069-8 Female Cigarette Adaptor for Quick Disconnect ($6.17) off of amazon.  Paid a little extra for one day shipping so my total was like $30 to have it by tomorrow - still less that just the pwerlet without shipping costs.

Here's what I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0069-6-Terminal-Disconnect/dp/B000NCOKZQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340892370&sr=8-1&keywords=battery+tender+ring+terminal+harness

http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tender-081-0069-8-Cigarette-Disconnect/dp/B0041CDPQO/ref=pd_bxgy_auto_text_b

Should have some more info after this weekend.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: battery tender power outlet
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 09:19:39 am »
Nice find!
I need to get something like that for the shadow.

Tapatalk smart phone app

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Re: battery tender power outlet
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:39 am »
Great Idea...I've already got the tender on the bike anyway!
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline blkz1k

• True Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 11:10:12 am »
Grt find ive been wantin to do somthin like that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 04:59:46 pm »
Great find..... and both can be found locally for about the same price. I found mine at Honda/Yamaha of Knoxville.... 

I bought the cigarette disconnect to carry with me so I can plug my small air compressor in while I am on the road, so I can air the tire back up after a flat.

LOVE my Battery Tender..... :D :21 :22
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:57:55 pm »
Ya i bought my battery tender for about 30 or so and it came with the cableing wiring it was not hard and i just have it run to the front of the handelbars.. works great.. kids next door think i have a hybrid bike cause i keep it plugged in all the time  ;D

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 09:54:53 am »
apparently there was some hiccup with amazon and my one day shipping so I should be getting this stuff today - amazon refunded all my shipping costs...how nice of them since I was paying for one day shipping and I had to wait all weekend :tap

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:06:29 pm »
Alright got home and saw that the nice UPS person had delivered my stuff.  Pics:

Install was a breeze (except for getting the stupid screw for the negative battery cable back in the little block nut thing...just a hair to short...story of my life).  The only part that I really had to think about was where to mount it, I decided to put it beside the ignition.  Looks like a good quality outlet, my phone charger fits snug into the hole ~ not to lose and not to tight.  The cap for the plug looks a little questionable in quality but we'll see.  I'll give another update after a couple days use.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 10:26:51 pm »
Looks good. I have one tucked under my tail out of sight but have been thinking of moving it.

Sent telepathically using Tapatalk 2.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Brutus Buckeye

• True Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 11:12:05 am »
What a great find. I already have the disconnect on the bike for my battery tender, just need to get this for the phone or GPS.
2005 Yamaha V Star Classic 1100

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 07:46:09 am »
A little update, my phone charges just fine with the outlet and all the wiring is plenty long enough to mount this anywhere I want to on the SV with no binding.  The cap for the outlet is truly waterproof as I found out Tuesday when my poor SV just about drowned in the rain storm that came through while I was at work.  So far so good!  Anybody thinking about getting one of these....it's a no brainer!  Do it!

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 08:46:41 am »
A little update, my phone charges just fine with the outlet and all the wiring is plenty long enough to mount this anywhere I want to on the SV with no binding.  The cap for the outlet is truly waterproof as I found out Tuesday when my poor SV just about drowned in the rain storm that came through while I was at work.  So far so good!  Anybody thinking about getting one of these....it's a no brainer!  Do it!

:21

Nice to know it is waterproof!!!
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado