Author Topic: Windshield cleaning  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Windshield cleaning
« on: July 23, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »
How the heck do you get old adhesive off the windshield without killing the shield?I think somebody used tint on it once upon a time.I was using plastic polish on it the other day trying to get the scratches out and started seeing a weird look to it so i scratched it with my fingernails and this dried adhesive looking stuff started coming off.I got 100% better than it was but it has alot on it.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline tnzeder

• True Member
Re: Windshield cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »
I wonder if maybe a little heat from a propane torch then wipe it off while its soft? maybe, ?

Offline Spike240SX

• LED Lighting Nut
  • True Member
Re: Re: Windshield cleaning
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:57:13 pm »
3M general adhesive remover. Buy it at your local auto parts store. Red can with white cap. Ive been using it for years and it has never failed me.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: Windshield cleaning
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 06:05:32 am »
+1 3m is great
You can also use wd40 if you have some lying around.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 07:26:49 pm »
Cool I can get either at work.Hadn't though about WD40.Had thought about 3M just wondered if it would damage the lexan.Sounds like I have a few winners here.Thanks a bunch guys.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 09:40:09 am »
I have used it for several windscreens and never has any trouble with the 3M always wipes off clean. :)

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you