Author Topic: 11-23 & 11-25, Fri is Done (ride report) and Sun is Open, but new idea (reply)  (Read 653 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
FRIDAY -- Looks good, 48F at 9AM and 61F at 2PM.  I don't have a plan, I will go to the gym and might do something (short around local area) starting around noon from Harley in PF (close to the gym). If interested, let me know.

SUNDAY --1) See what Dan comes up with if anything. Might join him for part of a ride if he is meeting someplace near, starts early enough, and has a local route. So, I can split and get back home about 1PM..

2) No matter, I will do something in the morning while Betty does her church thing. It will be cold to chilly (Sunday Hourly Predictions).

Weather Prediction ---
30F at 1AM going to 27F for a low at 7AM    /    32F at 9AM     /    36F at 10AM      /     44F at Noon
51F high at 4PM. Dry as a bone last few day, not to worried about frozen spots unless you get to higher elevations.  

I am up for Breakfast. Small one someplace, maybe Food City special (meat, eggs, biscuit Gravy at $2.49 includes tax). Not sure I need that much BKF, Maybe McD. Meet at 9AM to 9:30AM.  Local Area Ride start at 10AM or 10:30AM  (Balmy 36F by 10AM and 40F by 11AM).  :-) RIDE ON.

Home by about 1PM (Just about the time it gets warm). DARN IT.

IF INTERESTED let me know - Otherwise, I will just do my thing and not worry about a plan.  

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:08:18 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
SUNDAY RIDE --- Not sure what I will do, except I will ride some time, a local ride and home by about 1PM.

I had thought I might join part of Dan's Ride. I would need to start about 9:45AM (Estimate 34F) to get to Walland for Dan's 10:30AM start (should be around 38F). That is doable if I feel like it in the morning.  I would not expect any ice as it has been dry and temperatures during the night are lows of 28F.  

However, thinking  about it, I would just ride to Carver's (I do not intend to lunch there) and head home. Not sure it is worth the trouble for the route (Wears Valley, Jones Cove).

So, I may just leave home About 9:45AM, be going by PILOT on Hwy 66 10minutes after I leave,  have a pancake break some place while it warms up (thinking Carols at Jones Cove Rd turn off).  Then do some local roads over that way (couple of favorites) and come home.

ANYWAY -- Good to have CHOICES.  Join Dan or if interested in My Plan (let me know ad we can firm up time).

Here is Dan's Plan if interested.

Dear Paul,

Carvers Applehouse near Newport - Meet at the BP in Walland, TN. tomorrow
morning (Sunday) for a 10:30 AM Depature. WE will ride through Townsend,
Wears Valley to Sevierville then take Jones Cove to Carvers. We will return
to Townsend via Newport Highway to Gatlinburg then along Little River Rd.
back to Townsend. The loop is about 90 miles and you should be back to
Townsend by 3:30 PM.

Dan Harvey
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 06:09:58 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)