Author Topic: Baggers  (Read 7221 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Baggers
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:25:46 pm »
Do you run saddle bags all the time, never, or somewhere in the middle? Do you run hard bags or Leather?

I run my leatherlyke bags all the time for storage. The Leatherlyke bags are nice because they are lockable and once opened they detach quick. Only downside is it would be a lousy texture to paint to match...lol
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Chris_T

• True Member
Re: Baggers
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:28 pm »
Leather saddle bags, they stay on all the time but have the zipper to easily detach them for cleaning, nice little feature. I forget the make. They've got a few scuffs as this is the 2nd bike they've been on.

I've also got a saddlemen nylon t bag that goes with me on longer trips, it does not stay on the bike unless needed. That, the saddle bags and a duffel across the back seat complete luggage requirements.
No trees were harmed during the creation of this message, although a few electrons may have been temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:46:09 pm »
This is the first set of bags I've ever had that were lockable. I should note I also have a Coke flat attached to the luggage rack. I use it to carry my Herman Munster looking lunch bucket...lol
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline MIPLAYSTATION

• True Member
    • http://www.IronRidersOutpost.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:43:27 pm »
When I rode that style bike I had my bags on all of the time,you never knew when you had to pick up a 12 pack or carry a second lid for the certain hottie to take home with you from the bar or club... Gots to practice safety all the time cause chic's tend to just lay there when they're dead..  :21
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:45:11 pm by MIPLAYSTATION »
My bike is loud,and its not the exhaust..

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:31:31 pm »
Love my hard bags..  Does a VFR fit in this group ?

plenty of storage for psngr helmet, Bottled water, extra layers during winter etc..

Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 07:43:40 pm »
Sure why not!

On a different note...I really want a tourpac if anybody has one laying around  :beg

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: Baggers
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2013, 08:32:14 am »
I have had all types of bags. Even wal mart custom. I bought two of the back seat organizers and tied them together on my 78 400 honda hawk. :34 I personally like hard bags. The last set I REALLY loved. They were the givi hard bags on the vstrom. Lockable and with one button came right off to take in with your room when out on long trips and staying over night. Luke gave me a set of hard bags that I am excited to put on maggie. May try to get them on this weekend. The are smaller hard bags with turn lights built in.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 12:30:34 pm »
KEWL... pics is a must ..... :21
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 01:11:44 pm »
Leather saddlebags on mine, with one of the Kuyrakyn bag on the luggage rack. Love the storage space on the tail bag, it's GREAT for short solo trips (2~3 days), plus I can keep my air compressor and flat kit with me, as well as extra gloves, batteries, etc......

I would REALLY like a set of the Yamaha hard bags that are color matched for my Roadstar  :D  but they cost over a grand   :groan

Maybe later in the year, I may change the looks of the bike by replacing the windshield and adding a color matched fairing....

Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 01:34:44 pm »
I really want a tourpac if anybody has one laying around

I have a guy wanting to trade one for part of the labor he owes me for.I haven't seen it yet though and i've had his mower ready for a few months now.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:39:34 pm »
This topic reminds me of my dads hunt for hard bags to use on his GS1000S. He searched for quite a while until he found a nice set if Krauser bags. They even came attached to a nice BMW K100.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 02:25:16 pm »
I really want a tourpac if anybody has one laying around

I have a guy wanting to trade one for part of the labor he owes me for.I haven't seen it yet though and i've had his mower ready for a few months now.

Keep me in mind if & when you get it  :beg

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 02:38:41 pm »
You #1 in line dude.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 02:43:29 pm »

Offline KandyK

• True Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 09:47:26 pm »
Sure why not!

On a different note...I really want a tourpac if anybody has one laying around  :beg
That would be nice for when I go to sleep on the back maybe help me from not falling off   :34

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »
Deuce could always get one those safety strap setups just to keep you from falling off.Course then he'd have to be careful about making a wrong comment cause he wouldn't be able to get away since he would be attached to you literally.
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 08:03:51 am »
Deuce could always get one those safety strap setups just to keep you from falling off.Course then he'd have to be careful about making a wrong comment cause he wouldn't be able to get away since he would be attached to you literally.

:34 I just pinch her arse now and then.

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 08:08:20 am »
I have used the soft saddle and tail bag from Yamaha since I got my bike but am in the middle of upgrading to hard bags. To cold to be in the garage!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 04:12:39 am »
You #1 in line dude.

Any word on that tourpac? I've got a little money at the moment...lol

Offline Wamphyri*DFR*

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2013, 05:50:20 am »
Not necessarily a bagger but it's got bags. If I'm going to act like a hooligan the bags are off. When one of the kids or momma rides with me it's usually just the top box so they have a backrest and a place to put helmets when we stop. All day rides with a passenger it's all three and when I take a trip alone I add a Wolfman bag on the passenger seat for more storage that doubles as a back rest.
I Samuel 17:49

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 08:24:47 am »
Any word on that tourpac? I've got a little money at the moment...lol
Nope.I've still got his rider to.I've had it sense Aug.Got it ready in Nov.(broke wrist)I figure at this point he'll come when he needs it not before.
From what I hear the plastic ebay jobs are ok if you make a plate for the whole bottom not just part of it.
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 02:32:01 pm »
Nope.I've still got his rider to.I've had it sense Aug.Got it ready in Nov.(broke wrist)I figure at this point he'll come when he needs it not before.
From what I hear the plastic ebay jobs are ok if you make a plate for the whole bottom not just part of it.

I considered those...just don't like them that well. Of course they are usually a good bit cheaper for a reason  :34

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 07:20:43 pm »
I hear ya.This is prob. of about that quality since he only wants me to give him 40 for it.If you want a quality one try oldys.I don't remember how much they were but if i'm right they were cheaper than a genuine harley tour pack used.
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 08:07:39 pm »
oldys?

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 08:10:43 pm »
I've never seen any of their stuff but it looks good to me for the price considering. http://www.oldinc.com/oldys.htm
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »
Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2013, 08:20:13 pm »
Looks like 295 for a reg height and 325 for chopped.You have to add the backrest pad.

Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2013, 08:29:50 pm »
Cheaper than a HD I guess...lol

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »
Yep those HD ones are what like 500 used or something or I think they were when I was making mine a bagger.
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 03:16:32 am »
Anybody want to buy my trunk? K.I.T.T. brake light included!  :21