Author Topic: The Best New Cruiser/Touring Bike??  (Read 5775 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
The Best New Cruiser/Touring Bike??
« on: January 18, 2013, 05:41:17 am »
Just curious as to what everybody is into. This is one of those no wrong answer sort of questions. There are a lot of nice bikes from all the major manufacturers. So just post what you like and maybe why.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: The Best New Cruiser/Touring Bike??
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:59:35 am »
Scooter ---- Suzuki Burgman 650  -- 1/2 Sport Bike and 1/2 Turing Cruiser. 55 to 60mpg, Clocked Top[ Speed 105.

2013 improved they say.

Your two-wheel luxury vehicle has arrived. For generations of riders, the Burgman has redefined the motorcycling experience. It brought performance and comfort into a market once unimaginable. For 2013, the new Burgman 650 ABS improves on what it has built over time.

Notable changes to the Burgman 650 ABS include refinements in the transmission setting and a reduction of mechanical losses contribute to a boost in fuel economy by 15%* compared to the previous model in Drive Mode. Drive Mode heightens efficiency at normal road speeds and gives smooth, linear, almost shock-free power delivery for easy riding. Power Mode gives more punch when you twist the throttle. And Manual Mode lets you thumb-toggle between five preset gear ratios for a unique feeling of control. The SECVTís updated design includes new clutch plates that cause 35% less drag.

You can feel the nimbleness and abundance of power in your hand. It is simply exhilarating! With refinements in the transmission setting that easily allows you to downshift, accelerate, and maneuver around traffic and through every road, thereís no better time than to hop on the Burgman 650 ABS than today!

The Burgman 650 ABS model also offers an antilock braking system (ABS)** that helps to maximize the riderís control by preventing the wheels from locking during hard brake application. The ABS unit weighs 55% less than the previous model.

*Measured in the Worldwide Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC).

Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline MIPLAYSTATION

• True Member
    • http://www.IronRidersOutpost.com/
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:33:09 pm »
Victory Cross country or the Vision(which I ride) on thing tho, don't ride one cause you'll be signing paperwork after you do. 
My bike is loud,and its not the exhaust..

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:20:30 am »
Victory Cross country or the Vision(which I ride) on thing tho, don't ride one cause you'll be signing paperwork after you do. 

I nearly did after setting on one...lol. There's a red & black Cross Country Tour special edition for 2013 that is SWEET!
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:48 pm »
2013 Suzuki Boulevard C90T B.O.S.S
2013 Suzuki Boulevard M90

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 08:11:40 pm »
I could see me on that Boss.Nice ride for sure.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Darren Burnett

• True Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 08:57:49 pm »
I am more than impressed with the Victory Vision and the Cross Country. If I were to go for a tour style bike, my choice would be the Cross Country Tour. I have logged a few thousand miles on the Victory bikes and really enjoy them !! My personal pick for a cruiser is a V-rod Night Rod Special....cruiser with a little muscle !!
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa-OEM tank emblems

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: The Best New Cruiser/Touring Bike??
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 09:35:15 am »
Cruiser... the new victory bagger made off the highball platform. Can't remember the model name right off hand.
Touring bike.. I have to go with the honda st1300. Some with ample store for touring, exceptionally smooth, motors that can handle a ton of miles, and very agile. ;)

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »
Cruiser... the new victory bagger made off the highball platform. Can't remember the model name right off hand.
Touring bike.. I have to go with the honda st1300. Some with ample store for touring, exceptionally smooth, motors that can handle a ton of miles, and very agile. ;)

I would like to test ride both of those. Although in a Victory I think I would go with a touring model.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:58:09 pm »
GOLDWING -- I have never owned one and don't plan to as not a touring rider. But, I demo'ed one for about 45 minutes some years ago and have never ridden anything any smoother.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 06:03:56 pm »
While I'll probably never own one, that stripped down bagger Goldwing looks nice.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 04:11:35 am »
While I'll probably never own one, that stripped down bagger Goldwing looks nice.

It does look pretty tough.  :21

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:01 pm »
Touring bike?!? I'd go with either the Honda ST1300 or the Goldwing. It would just depend on how I would want to travel... either would be stylish, but I do believe the `Wing would be the best bet for all day comfort. Either would be a blast to ride......   :D

Cruiser?!? Now that would be a tough one ( for me, at least ). I like the looks of the Victory Cross Tour, especially if it has an aftermarket windshield on it ( the factory windscreen is too short ). Plenty of power, range and comfort, and fairly affordable too!

The new Goldwing bagger looks its gonna be a tough one to beat, considering its heritage. Style, comfort, plus that BIG 6 cylinder engine.....    :D I'm gonna have to ride one once it shows up at a local dealership   :D
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:21 am »
Touring bike, .... 2013 Hayabusa with hardbags and a tank bag
Cruiser, ... 2012 Victory Hammer 8Ball
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline KandyK

• True Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »
For me Don't really care as long as the passenger seat is comfy

Offline Darkbluexplorer

• Computer Monkey
  • True Member
  • Work.. this is why I do it!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 08:14:34 am »
Don't know have not ridden anything like a big bagger or sport tourer. I wouldn't mind a Yamaha fjr or super tenerer but that's a dual sport. Oh there was a BMW sport tourer at Southern Honda power sports last weekend for 10k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 08:18:37 am »
She don't like the tall bikes...besides our next bike will likely be a Victory.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 08:28:42 am »
Mine either but she has her heart set on a wing trike. $$$
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 04:56:11 pm »
Wing maybe...not ready for a trike

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 05:52:17 pm »
Not particular me either but thats what she has for requirements for the her to ride again even after surgery so i'm knida gettin into the idea.But I probably will try to pick up a cheaper one first to try to get her on but the first time my ankle give way I know that that experiment will be over. :groan
Marc

Offline El Borrego

• True Member
  • Seymour, TN
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »
For me Cruiser is a Honda Valkyrie Tourer.  Very little vibration which comes from the road, not the engine.  Clips 500 - 600 miles a day easy. For sport touring I'd go Honda ST1300.

Offline skuuter

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 10:49:54 am »
"THIS".....

............... :21
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 10:50:38 am by skuuter »
2010 YELLOW HONDA 1800 GOLD WING MOTOR TRIKE IRS, 2009 BLACK HONDA CFR230M MOTARD...RIDIN' EM' DAILY.....

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 02:12:15 pm »
 :21

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »
 :21
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2013, 03:11:38 am »
So what's coming out soon that you wish you could afford??

Offline El Borrego

• True Member
  • Seymour, TN
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 05:20:41 pm »
I'd like one like the one above.  If I was buying a new one. That Flat 6 is so smooth and it's got lots of power.  For a Tour bike it would be a Honda ST1300.

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2013, 04:28:16 am »
A new 2014 Hayabusa with hard bags ...... ;D that's my cruiser AND touring bike all in one .... :21
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 07:27:12 pm »
If I were picking a new touring bike to replace my BMW K100RS I'd lean towards the new Kawasaki Concours:

For a cruiser I'm afraid I'd find an old mid-'70s H-D FXE Shovelhead.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT