Author Topic: What do you ride?  (Read 19859 times)

Offline Striker

• Slow Down, Watch the idiots on 4 wheels
Re: What do you ride?
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2014, 10:13:38 pm »
Yeah I should have waited to ride.  The clean up was horrible.  I couldn't believe the amount of salt that come out of those fenders.  Man I hope you get that cold finished with.  The wife and I would like to see yall out riding this spring.  We had that nasty cold last month.  I we where down for a while.  We will have to get together and do ride or some lunch or dinner one day this spring.  I am going to be on here a lot more this year.  We really want to meet a lot more people in the riding community.  We are gonna take a break from wrenching this summer.
1963/73  Harley Davidson xlch 1100
High Crane 4 Electronic ignition
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint
Sparky Spark coils and Plug wires

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:19 pm »
We have the worst behind us.Thats another reason I didn't ride.I'm not completely there yet and don't wanna go back.I'm hoping for more ride time with ETB members this year.Maybe we can get some more group rides together if the weather cooperates.I have an engine to build and then I'm gonna try to not take in side work except to help out friends.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Striker

« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2014, 12:26:35 am »
Yeah I will be doing a lot of riding with ETB this year.  Just not a lot of cruisers on here.  I will ride with who ever just not as fast as those crotcher guys.  We will figure it out though. 
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
    • Tennessee Sons of Liberty RC
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2014, 08:05:32 am »
I like your vintage hog

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2014, 08:26:15 am »
Yeah I will be doing a lot of riding with ETB this year.  Just not a lot of cruisers on here.  I will ride with who ever just not as fast as those crotcher guys.  We will figure it out though. 

I will say this just because its a sport bike doesn't mean its rode like its on a racetrack.Theres alot of sport bike riders on here that ride responsibly.You can usually tell by the talk what kind of ride its going to be.Paul and Jackie ride alot and they aren't speed demons.plus with a little luck there will be more ETB rides this year.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2014, 09:02:05 am »
When riding as a group all ETB riders ride responsibly. If not then dad (lol j/k Curtie) will explain to them to ride safe or don't ride in the group.

Also please feel free to invite more cruiser riders. I hand out a lot of cards. A lot of cruiser riders tend to ride with groups of similar bikes and nothing else. But, we don't care what you ride as long as you ride.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Striker

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2014, 11:43:21 am »
That's cool.  I can't wait to get out.  Like I said, less wrenching this year and a ton more riding.  Any bikes I pick up this year will be put away as winter rebuilds.  Can't wait to ride with everyone.  This will be a good year, last year seemed like it rained everyday.  I have been reading Paul's ride reports for a while now.  Man that dude gets around.  I think he got a Burgman if I'm not mistaken.  He has been talking about one in his reports.  He also rides all around my area. 
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »
That's cool.  I can't wait to get out.  Like I said, less wrenching this year and a ton more riding.  Any bikes I pick up this year will be put away as winter rebuilds.  Can't wait to ride with everyone.  This will be a good year, last year seemed like it rained everyday.  I have been reading Paul's ride reports for a while now.  Man that dude gets around.  I think he got a Burgman if I'm not mistaken.  He has been talking about one in his reports.  He also rides all around my area. 

Yeah he has a Burgman (2 actually only 1 is broke) and a Ninja 500. And, to say he gets around is putting it mildly. He is quick to tell you he just rides mostly. The setting around socializing isn't his thing. But, you'd be hard pressed to get him lost...lol
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Striker

« Reply #98 on: February 03, 2014, 05:07:51 pm »
Man I love reading his ride reports.  Can't wait to be a part of a few of them. 
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
Re: Re: What do you ride?
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2014, 05:54:55 pm »
be ready to ride on the back roads and off the beaten path asphalt or gravelit really don't matter good cowpath we might try that a run with Paul is never a dull ride

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Offline Striker

« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2014, 11:53:31 am »
Thanks for the heads up.  I will be taking a different bike when I go ride with those guys.  I am the type that likes to stop and eat. Do some talking, a bit more riding, then break time again   ;D. There are so many great rides around here with great mom and pop places.  This summer is going to be fun, if it doesn't rain like last summer.  I know I am going to ride more out towards Maryville and Townsend this year.  May try to get a couple of Asheville rides together. 
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint

Offline bulldog

« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2014, 08:05:30 pm »
06` Honda shadow spirit750DC
before and after:
bulldog

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:45 pm »
 :21 Nice bike.
Marc

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2014, 10:00:44 pm »
What he said...Nice ride.  :21

Offline bulldog

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2014, 06:20:01 am »
Thanks
bulldog

Offline Itolokito

« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2014, 01:21:04 pm »
Nice ride buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Henry T

• 1973 silver pigeon dare-devel
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2014, 08:41:52 am »
I know this has been done before...but it's been a while. Tell us what kind of bike(s) you ride. Feel free to included details about mods and ad ons. Pictures too if you want to.
I am wearing out bike number 46, 2004 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom.  This bike was purchased new, by my wife Pam, in 2003.  Pam had logged 50,000 miles on it, then she gave it to me.  At this time, it has about 100,000 miles, and running strong.  This bike has had many adventures.
You can always make more money, you can't make more time.

Henry T

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2014, 09:28:51 am »
I now ride an 1100 Shadow Spirit. Will post more pics later. I am at the library and no way to send them. Rode down here on the new to me bike. Starting to get use to it. I believe this is a keeper. Only time will tell.
Semper Fi

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2014, 10:38:08 am »
I upgraded a few mounts ago to my new ride  have just about got her decked out.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2014, 02:35:31 pm »
 :21
Marc

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2014, 10:35:13 pm »
Looks just like the one I saw you on THU. Nice looking.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2014, 08:33:51 pm »
Nice bike. Is that a Victory?
Semper Fi

Offline littlebiglee

« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2014, 12:13:12 pm »
Not a Victory, I am going to say a Suzuki. Fairly sure, it has a radiator and looks shaft drive.

Offline Darren Burnett

• True Member
« Reply #113 on: November 26, 2014, 10:34:16 pm »
It is a Suzuki M109R...............and it looks great Zachary  !!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:36:00 pm by Darren Burnett »
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa-OEM tank emblems

Offline BudLong

• True Member
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2014, 10:52:47 am »
just wow

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2014, 08:33:48 pm »
Just did an update on my original post.

Added the 2011 Burgman 400 that I bought Dec 2013 with 5100 miles and now have 22,600 as of Dec 2014. Running a car tire on rear since 6200 miles.

Sold the Burgmnan 650 this year for $200 -- CVT Transmission was broke down (73,800 miles in Nov 2013).

Now riding the Ninja 500 (most fun and best performance)-- 52,600 miles on it and the Burgman 400 with 22,600 miles on it (most comfortable, adequate performance for my rides -- like as well as the Burgman 650 for the rides I do).

If I had to choose just one - it would be the Burgman 400 and 650 would be second choice. Scooters (Maxi Scooters 400cc and up) are easy on off, comfortable sitting, more leg room and can position feet in many positions, more storage room, more protection from elements, built in back support, handles nearly as good as a sport bike (for my riding style and ability), good gas mileage (60 +/-). Plus the 400 has ABS.  

I DON'T LIKE ALL THE Darn Plastic. Like the looks, but too much trouble to take off and if you drop it (Pay for the Plastic). :groan Anybody seen a naked Maxi Scooter ???

The Burgman 400 from Nov 30, 2014 Ride.    
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:38:28 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)