Author Topic: 2013 Race Season is upon us!  (Read 7160 times)

Offline r6boater

• True Member
2013 Race Season is upon us!
« on: February 21, 2013, 05:27:26 pm »
So, Team Beauchamp will be leaving for Tally tomorrow to start the 2013 WERA Southeast Season.

Draik will be racing in the E- SuperStock Class in which he will be going for several regional championships. To wrap up the season at the zeith event, the Grand National Finals at Barber in October, the ESS class has a winner take all National Chamionship race.

To help prepare for this, he will also be racing in the V5 and Lightweight Solo races to get more seat time.

We would like to thank all of you who have been so supportive of Draik. We will keep you updated as the season progresses.

Draik would also like to thank his sponsors:

Locally:
Willis Cycle Works
X1MotoWerks
Two Wheel Vinyl dot com
EastTNbikers.com
Sportbikes4hire.com 
US129Photos.com

and not-so-local:
LionHeartMoto
Racer Cafe
Jason DiSalvo Speed Academy
Sportbike Track Time
Apex Manufacturing
Sling Shot Racing
Cycle Gear

Please show them support, as without them we wouldn't be able to go racing!

Be sure to check out TheDraik77.com Draik's race page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheDraik77/115213881854281?ref=hl

Thanks again everyone!

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: 2013 Race Season is upon us!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:18:43 pm »
Go draik!!!
Make sure to take lots of pics.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
Re: 2013 Race Season is upon us!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »
Go get em kid..
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 07:15:22 pm »
Go get'em Draik!
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline LionHeart Moto

• LionHeartMoto.com
  • True Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 08:06:03 pm »
Kill it bud!  Show em what a real racer looks like!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy NOTE
Leather is King..

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 08:16:36 pm »
Good luck!!

Sent from my own galaxy

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 11:16:17 pm »
Good luck and most importantly have fun!
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:24:57 pm »
good luck Draik!!!!!
81 gl1100....

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 07:22:40 pm »
We had an awesome weekend. Draik has some "lack-luster" results coming in 4th and 7th but was one of our best weekends at the track ever. Draik is still settling in to his new bike, the ninja 250. Everytime out, he improved his times and more importantly, he came in with a grin. He had two of his best battles ever. In the E-superstock class he was going at it with another youth roadracer and he ended up running off in the farmhouse turn. All in all though, it was a great time.

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 07:54:50 pm »
a 4th n 7th ?  I would have a smile on my face.  Congrats draik.   
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:52:07 pm »
To celebrate the successful start of the 2013 season we're doing our first raffle. We will be raffling off a hoodie and a t-shirt! Each $5 donation gets your name entered into the drawing and a sticker, no limit on entries! First winner gets their choice of item, second winner gets the other. All entries must be here by March 14th so that we can draw a winner before I leave for my next race at Roebling Road Raceway. (you can enter by donating through paypal on my website or mailing a check) Good luck and thanks everyone!

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 08:55:34 pm »
Here is the link to Draik's fundraising page to make it a little easier for you to find.

http://www.thedraik77.com/#!funding/c24vq

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 09:46:01 am »
:21 that's really cool

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2013, 09:20:26 am »
What a fantastic weekend! Draik is back! after an absolutley horrible 2012 season, the first two rounds this year have been great. He was battling and working hard this weekend and had great results.

This weekend was a combined Southeast Regional and National event. Draik only races in the Regionals as there isn't a class in the Nationals for the Ninja 250. We stayed the entire weekend to support the US129Photos.com Race Team though.

Draik's practices on Saturday morning seemed to be on par with the rest of the 250's, maybe a couple seconds slower than the fastest Novice riders. The second practice session he dropped a few seconds and we knew he was going to be running towards the front of the novice pack.

When race time came, he had an awesome launch getting up into the middle of the experts (who start a few rows ahead of the novice riders) Then as the race progressed he spent most of the race in a 3 way battle for second place with the novices. In the closing laps, he was able to edge out his competitors to bring home the second place plaque!

In the clubman race, he was down to as far as 5th place out of a field of 7 (and having the 2nd least powerful bike). He had worked his way up into 3rd before the last lap and started reeling in second place. As they came out on to the long (really long) front stretch of Roebling, he was already pinned in sixth gear (we need to get some taller gearing), neck and neck with second place (a honda 450 motard). The bigger more powerful supermoto was able to edge him out by a difference of only 0.099 seconds, so Draik was a ble to bring home another piece of WERA wood for 3rd place.

Thanks again for all the support; US 129 Photos.com Race Team, Apex Manufacturing, LLC, Sportbike Track Time, Sportbikes4hire.com, Willis Cycle Works, Racer Cafe Inc, X1 Moto Werks, LionHeart Moto, Jason DiSalvo Speed Academy, Slingshot Racing, TwoWheelVinyl.com, and easttnriders.com.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2013, 10:12:29 am »
:wahoo that's awesome
Great job draik. Who won the hoodie?

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 12:27:58 pm »

Tia Stinnett, she's from Terre Haute, won the hoodie

and Dianna Leigh won the shirt.

Be sure to inbox TheDraik77 with your address and color preference on stickers, if you donated! and thank you very much for the support!

Curtie---speaking of stickers :-\

Offline LionHeart Moto

• LionHeartMoto.com
  • True Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »
We are all so proud of Draik...great races

Sent from Samsung Galaxy NOTE
Leather is King..

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 02:12:00 pm »
Great job Draik!
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline drag00nlover

• True Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 04:09:07 pm »
Great job ok the racing!!

Sent from my Galaxy Command Center
06 Gsx600F Katana........Dubbed Kan-o-Tuna.......Now Dubbed Tuna Salad (totalled)

2011 GSXR 600

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 05:19:47 pm »
Congrats Draik!!!!
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 06:39:54 pm »
Thanks everyone!

Here is Draik's newest video...

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 06:51:57 pm »
Get in touch with Larry on the decals. I gave him some to give to you. :21
And when you meet up with him a couple silver ones would be nice. If not white is fine

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55:24 pm »
Dang, I already met up with him...

Thanks! PM me your address and I'll get some to you. We do have silver.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 06:56:42 pm »
That video was amazing :27 that start was killer! Man what a great job buddy

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline drag00nlover

• True Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2013, 01:59:10 am »
The video was awesome Draik great job on that start all alround steller performance!

Sent from my Galaxy Command Center
06 Gsx600F Katana........Dubbed Kan-o-Tuna.......Now Dubbed Tuna Salad (totalled)

2011 GSXR 600

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2013, 07:56:36 am »
Awesome job draik!

Sent from my own galaxy

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »
So, Draik and I are back home from the long haul after being at NOLA Motorsports Park.

Draik was there for the third round of the WERA Southeast Region which was also a double header. He was racing in the E- SuperStock Class and also Clubman. 

A friend of ours (Chris Patton of SlayeRacing) had been working with Draik through video chats and watching track videos of NOLA since Draik had never been there before. NOLA is a 2.3 mile, very flat, very fast, 16 turn track with a 5000'+ front stretch! His practice times Saturday morning started out at a best lap of 2:29 and he ran off into the grass as he tried to learn this fast flowing track. The second practice yielded better results with a 9 second drop in times. He obviously learned some things about the track!

Race time!  Saturday's races started with the clubman class where, although the only novice racing in the class he was able to have a ball racing with another rider on an SV650 riding in another class. This battle helped him drop another 2 seconds from his lap times and he got a first place trophy. That was just a warm-up for the ESS race where he was able to get a tow from one of the experts, dropped another second off his time and brought home a third place plaque.

On Sunday, Draik started out his day with two more practice session which he was right back on the pace he ended with the day before. The ESS race was first on Sunday where he got into a 6 lap battle for third with his buddy Dante Witter. Draik played it cautiously and yielded the position coming in 4th. After that race, Draik expressed that he "didn't want to take out his buddy" and wanted to play it safe. I explained to Draik that off the track and on the track are two different things... He understood that there is no love lost and they are there to help each other go faster by pushing each other... (I also want to include that Dante's Dad and I are very supportive of the two boys racing close and pushing each other. They are both very smooth, predictable, safe, smart, and capable riders) So, the battle was on in the next race where it was another between Draik and Dante. This time, Draik didn't submit and came out the victor, bringing home another trophy after another epic 6 lap battle.

All in all, it was an awesome weekend and we are very glad we made the trek down there.

We would like to thank all of you who have been so supportive of Draik.

Draik would also like to thank his sponsors:

Locally:
Willis Cycle Works
X1MotoWerks
Two Wheel Vinyl dot com
EastTNbikers.com
Sportbikes4hire.com 
US129Photos.com

and not-so-local:
LionHeartMoto
Racer Cafe
Jason DiSalvo Speed Academy
Sportbike Track Time
Apex Manufacturing
Sling Shot Racing
Cycle Gear

Please show them support, as without them we wouldn't be able to go racing!

Be sure to check out TheDraik77.com Draik's race page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TheDraik77/115213881854281?ref=hl

Thanks again everyone!

And on a side note: I know there are a lot of things going on right now but wanted to remind everyone about the swap meet/fundraiser for Draik on May 6th. That will be the start of a VERY busy and expensive time for Team Beauchamp with 4 race weekends in 5 weeks. And as always, we have t-shirt available for purchase to help build Draik's race fund. Thanks!

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 05:48:42 am »
 :21Congrats on a great weekend!!!!!
Marc

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 06:00:37 pm »
THAT IS FREAKIN AWESOME!! Man this is going to be a great season. Before the year is out I would love to spend the weekend with you guys and watch draik race. GO DRAIK :N21

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 07:41:44 pm »
Sounds great Curtie, just let us know when and where and we'll let you know what our plans are. Sometimes get a room if we can find it cheap enough (and Alicia is going) but most times we camp at the track. Regardless, it is always a great time.
 :21