Author Topic: Pet peeves?  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Pet peeves?
« on: March 26, 2013, 02:10:15 pm »
What are some of the little things that make you want to choke people? Just some examples...(a list I ran across on VTXOA)

Lawn clippings or leaves blown into the road.

Driveways washed out into the road being left for traffic.

When people pronounce the "T" in often.

People who insist on expressing their opinion AGAIN even though you didn't ask for it the first 100 times.

When people start sentences (either written or spoken) with "So".

American Idol.

A motorcyclist who doesn't know the basic arms signals.

When women tell you nothing is wrong but you know something is wrong but if you ask, you're a tard for not knowing her better.

Anyone who thinks a speedo is appropriate swimwear at any point in their life.

People who think they've written a complete sentence using U for you, 4 for for, and any other textuals that kill the language.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Chris_T

• True Member
Re: Pet peeves?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:50 pm »
The spell check police on face book and other forums.

People who agree to do something then 2 seconds later go do the exact opposite (had this one at work today)

The lack of teaching kids how to read & write in school (you'd be surprised how many times I've heard "I can't read cursive" from one of the customer's operators)

Air lines destroying my bags

The idiot who thinks he needs to drive his truck 2 inches off my back tire

TSA
No trees were harmed during the creation of this message, although a few electrons may have been temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 03:33:16 am »
Lil wayne .......and anybody that will argue that his auto-tuned, non flowing,non rhyming crap is talent

People that ride the "passing" lane @ 68mph beside a semi so no one can get past them

How schools are only teaching kids what they need to know to score on state aptitude tests, so they get more money(and pay the do nothing superintendents 6 figures+ while laying off teachers)

why I got MLK day off work, but no days off for Easter .....and can not get Veterans Day off without taking an absence point ...(YES, I'm a Veteran)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:38:25 am by gotgixers »
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Re: Pet peeves?
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 07:09:52 am »
Those people that think if you don't have enough chrome or loud enough pipes your not a "real" biker.... :mad

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline sevensixtwo

• True Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:24:09 am »
People who tell me to "Get a real bike, not some Jap-trash" then drive off in a clapped out Daihatsu.

Offline ratster

• True Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 07:43:21 am »
People that only post when they are trying to sell something.  :banghead

The Patriot Act and all the govt.agencies that make me jump through hoops to renew my Hazmat endorsement.

Offline LionHeart Moto

• LionHeartMoto.com
  • True Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 08:16:28 am »
People that complain :P

the racoon who has evaded my trap for a third time and still get in my trash can...a. 22 round will meet his skull soon

Sent from Samsung Galaxy NOTE
Leather is King..

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 09:12:52 am »
Yuppies that think I want break off there mirrors when they think there taking my lane because they have an suv.

The regards that say there mechanics but can't seem to ever fix the problem and I have to deal with it.

The people that want u to help them r do something for them but when its time to help you there no where to be found or ignore your calls.

The list goes on
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
[/quote]

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:48 pm »
Tailgaiters   :33

People who use the word "like" when they talk.... "I was working on this machine and, like, it wasn't doing what it was supposed to, so, like, I called someone to fix it."  :banghead

People that smoke while putting gas in their car/truck   :mad   

And the list goes on.......    :pop

Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 03:30:05 pm »
People that dont use turn signals

People that talk with a mouth full of food

People that open mouth chew

Lots of gum popping

Talking on a phone and driving

Tailgaters

Slow pokes in the fast lane

People afraid to pass cops on a 4 lane road

And on, and on, and on

Sent from my own galaxy

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 06:15:59 pm »
 :34 I thought this might be a popular thread. Sad amount of very valid points though.  :puke
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Striker

• Slow Down, Watch the idiots on 4 wheels
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 09:12:35 am »
I hate when Tourons come here to Sevier Co. and Stop in the middle of the road to sight see.   :banghead   :33  Man they will wreck you so fast stopping in the middle of a High Way over here.  WOW  For great example The Spur between Pigeon Forge and G-Burg, twisty curves and mountains running 40mph come around a blind curve, and there it is.  This magnificent beast of a land yacht parked with people standing on the side of the road chasing a bear for a pic.  Dumb asses.   Sorry I get upset thinking about it.
1963/73  Harley Davidson xlch 1100
High Crane 4 Electronic ignition
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint
Sparky Spark coils and Plug wires

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 10:40:53 am »
I fly down that rd to. Been lucky so far I'm usually going through there at night so they don't stop typically.

Irs and there dumb Ass crap. How many times can u miss place a Damn payment and say u didn't make one. Stupid I have proof I did. Good god

03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
[/quote]

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 02:19:27 am »
Add "contractors" that take advantage of little old widow ladies to my list.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 04:05:24 pm »
I would like to say again...

People who squat in the left lane oblivious to the back up they're causing by going the same speed as everyone beside them.

People who stay 2 feet from my back tire even though I can't possibly go any faster. I wanna carry marbles so when it gets mixed with their glass it's harder to prove...

And add grown arse men who act so childish it's like working in a primary school.

Offline Knoxvillan

• True Member
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 04:18:21 pm »
Me..."What is the year of your vehicle?"
other person... "hell, it's blue."

Offline smithrace25

• Jarhead
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 05:16:50 pm »
People who drive so bad you wonder how they ever even make it out of the drive way.. :banghead

drunk drivers yup hate them..

ooohhhh anyone who thinks that there bike or car is the only bike or car to have cause its a mustang or harley who gives a crap if you like it thats what matters and if you dont like it well.... :33 :happypep
This is my motercycle. There are many like it but this one is mine. I must ride her straight and true for withought my motercycle I am useless and likewise my motercycle withought me is useless.

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
Re: Re: Re: Pet peeves?
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 05:46:48 pm »
People who drive so bad you wonder how they ever even make it out of the drive way.. :banghead

drunk drivers yup hate them..

ooohhhh anyone who thinks that there bike or car is the only bike or car to have cause its a mustang or harley who gives a crap if you like it thats what matters and if you dont like it well.... :33 :happypep
my car is the only car to have :)

Just kidding I like all cars....as long as its a mustang :34

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Offline smithrace25

• Jarhead
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »
Lmao ok well that is a nice car I have to give you that..lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
This is my motercycle. There are many like it but this one is mine. I must ride her straight and true for withought my motercycle I am useless and likewise my motercycle withought me is useless.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »
Gotta love the cupcake mobile.   :34

Offline KandyK

• True Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 08:56:13 pm »
Yes it is a nice cupcake vehicle.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline smithrace25

• Jarhead
Re: Re: Re: Pet peeves?
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 10:40:30 pm »
Gotta love the cupcake mobile.   :34
Lmao!!!!

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 03:21:46 am »
people who comment on the "unmanly" way you drink your coffee.

prison anal sex advertising, aka "saggin"

reffering to your truck as a car.

people who dont read.

official nascar anything

the six person wide walmart waddle

laziness in the workplace

aerosmith

the phrase "one thing that pisses me off"

failure to maintain muzzle/trigger discipline

people who wont "speak" to you because you ride the wrong bike

excessively long pet peeve lists. . .  :whistle

What does "riding season" mean?

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:44 am »
Scammers and Spammers, all of them of any type.

The apparent George Thoroughgood Top 3 that seems permanently stuck on repeat at full blast that comes on any HD with a stereo

Drinking and driving of any sort at any time.

Meth heads... they need to be changed to bullet heads.

Tourists in Cade's Cove after about the first mile. Yes, it's a deer. It looks just like the other 97 you had to stop and take individual pictures of even though they look just like the same deer that are in your back yard at home in whatever state you came from. Use a flippin paved pull-off like you are supposed to!

Cheaters. Okay, that goes past pet peeve into the loathing category along with the DUI's and druggies.

Oh, smoking.  Drives me the hell nuts. "I haven't got any money for anything and need to borrow $50 for gas and food." Uhmm.. yeah, but those 3 new cartons of cigs on your counter? Go starve...

Panhandlers.  Less than 1 in 20 actually has a need. At this point I assume they are the same as the other 19.

Traffic light camera's.  Okay, while I have never gotten a ticket from one this goes into the loathing category, too.

Lastly, Point 'n Shoot drivers. You know the type. You see them at the Gap, the Smokies, the Skyway, etc.  They are the ones that do 90mph up to the corner, come to a crawl, wobble through it at 12-18mph and still can't stay in their lane, then as soon as the road straightens beat the throttle to the next corner and stand on the brakes again.  This is 50/50 between cages and cruisers.  It's also known as the Bar to Bar Biker with the cruisers.

Hell, one more:

"I know someone who died/has that bike, has a relative who has a better one that didn't exist at the time but it had a bigger motor than yours, etc."  the permanent one-upmanship which is clearly full of crap.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2013, 07:21:29 am »
It's illegal to complain about cruisers in the cruiser section...lol j/k.

Offline smithrace25

• Jarhead
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2013, 07:44:50 am »
Hey now don't hate just cause some of us have came to a higher place of enlightenment about motorcycles don't mean you have to hate :-)

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2013, 08:29:09 am »
People throwing things out the window when passing ie: lit  cigarettes bubble gum and liquids. :groan

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:09 am »
That's a good one. Had a couple of those little fire bombs last night. :33

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2013, 09:22:55 am »
MAJOR pet peeve: Anytime I stop at an intersection and see 5,000 cigarette butts against the curb.  You'd think with what they charge for that nasty crap people would want to keep as much of it as they could...

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2013, 09:23:55 am »
Hey now don't hate just cause some of us have came to a higher place of enlightenment about motorcycles don't mean you have to hate :-)

So you got a dualsport or a motard? Which one? :)