Author Topic: Straight up and Down  (Read 14678 times)

Offline Full Tilt Boogie

• True Member
Re: Straight up and Down
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 08:23:57 pm »
Ok I've read every post now.  First off my OPINION.  the survival reactions keith code talks about in twist of the wrist do NOT work on the hill.  Tjere isn't enough room for that to happen.

Next everyone's body position will be different.  Watch gp closely.  Zome riders are way off the bike and head lookong thru the corner. Some riders look loke they are looking straight ahead.

R6boater is right on the position tho but we all get there a touch different.

This weighting the rearsets talk cracks me up.

Outlaw the woman she/we are talkimg about as far as I can tell isn't in your photo.  Suzy moody is an ex ama champion road racer and has her own school.  Not saying she hasn't sat in yours but I'm pretty sure she hasn't.

Offline touchofred

« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 08:37:43 pm »
I do have to say. The one handed thing helps a WHOLE LOT. Do the whole parkway one handed a couple times and you will see the difference.

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 09:39:41 pm »
Ok I've read every post now.  First off my OPINION.  the survival reactions keith code talks about in twist of the wrist do NOT work on the hill.  Tjere isn't enough room for that to happen.

really..................................................................................  :34

Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Full Tilt Boogie

• True Member
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:32 pm »
I generally crash before I can think

Offline Outlaws Justice

• National Rider Training
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2013, 08:37:07 am »
Outlaw the woman she/we are talkimg about as far as I can tell isn't in your photo.  Suzy moody is an ex ama champion road racer and has her own school.  Not saying she hasn't sat in yours but I'm pretty sure she hasn't.

I am not from the area, just come down to ride and teach! I had a young lady in my 2008 class on the Motard, Tina Wesson she was actually the winner of Survivor second season, Very nice lady. I was not ware that the lady that was being refered to was a race champion.

Yes I have had some racers in my classes, and some who move on to that, but mostly just people wanting to work on better riding skills for the street and track. Always a fun class. I love coming down to your region to teach, gives me a chance to get in some riding time as well!

Offline Full Tilt Boogie

• True Member
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2013, 09:29:25 am »
We are glad ya come. Next trip let me know and we will make a couple passes

Offline Outlaws Justice

• National Rider Training
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2013, 09:42:20 am »
We are glad ya come. Next trip let me know and we will make a couple passes

I will be at the bBiltmore Estates in Friday, taking a tour, and meeting someone to pick up a 2007 BMW K1200GT, would love to get some riding time, but will have the family and plans in the works

Offline Thibby9

• Put your head down and ride your race.
    • RollHard Racing
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2013, 09:40:30 pm »
I don't think I saw one post about working on your body position with the bike on the stands. It obviously isnt the same exact feel but you can work on head, elbow, and your butt position. It helped me quite a bit plus if you have photos to look at to critique yourself. My body, head, and lean angle have improved drastically from my profile picture 3 yrs ago to now. Just put in the seat time and you will become more comfortable and figures what position works best for you.

Offline B.E.G.

• True Member
  • OUTLAW
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2013, 06:04:19 pm »
I don't think I saw one post about working on your body position with the bike on the stands. It obviously isnt the same exact feel but you can work on head, elbow, and your butt position. It helped me quite a bit plus if you have photos to look at to critique yourself. My body, head, and lean angle have improved drastically from my profile picture 3 yrs ago to now. Just put in the seat time and you will become more comfortable and figures what position works best for you.

Thibby that is an excellent suggestion!!and valid point.
I think I straightened out the straight up and down problem though..
Wish someone would have suggested that several months ago!!
I am working on head positioning right now, and mostly left handers
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 06:08:18 pm by B.E.G. »

Offline VolZX10R

« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2013, 09:46:42 am »
I agree with Thibby. It's the same as dry practice with firearms and will greatly improve your weapons proficiency. Another thing that helped me get into position was aftermarket rear sets. Not many Japanese riders have size 14 boots apparently.
2011 ZX 10R

Offline B.E.G.

• True Member
  • OUTLAW
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2013, 11:53:38 pm »
I agree with Thibby. It's the same as dry practice with firearms and will greatly improve your weapons proficiency. Another thing that helped me get into position was aftermarket rear sets. Not many Japanese riders have size 14 boots apparently.

Size 14?!?!

Yikes!!! :what

Offline VolZX10R

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2013, 10:17:16 am »
It does create a cramped work space on the bike occasionally. Sometimes with footwear you have to buy what they offer and not what you want.
2011 ZX 10R

Offline Thibby9

• RollHard Racing
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2013, 10:49:11 pm »
Your head position will come with seat time and speed. Plus as you start getting more comfortable and potentially hanging off the bike more, you will find your head getting lower and lower. But your looking good! Just ride what is comfortable to you. There is no right or wrong way. Good Luck!!

Offline Thibby9

• RollHard Racing
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2013, 10:55:07 pm »
Sorry for the late recommendation, that's just how I personally worked on my form.

Offline B.E.G.

• True Member
  • OUTLAW
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2013, 10:31:57 pm »
Your head position will come with seat time and speed. Plus as you start getting more comfortable and potentially hanging off the bike more, you will find your head getting lower and lower. But your looking good! Just ride what is comfortable to you. There is no right or wrong way. Good Luck!!

Thank you!!!!