Author Topic: Windshields  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Windshields
« on: April 09, 2013, 03:16:26 am »
How high is your windshield? Do you like a fairing or no? Why do you like a particular setup?
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
Re: Windshields
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 07:47:57 am »
Mine's stock height, not really sure how high in inches, but it's at eye level for me.

It does what I want it to do, and that is to redirect most of the air around me. Plus it does help when I ride in the rain ( which isn't often ).

Fairing?!? I'd LOVE one, but that's a project I will get into later....
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline Striker

• Slow Down, Watch the idiots on 4 wheels
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 08:53:35 am »
I prefer not to have a shield, though it is extremely a blessing when in the rain.  I just feel awkward behind one.
1963/73  Harley Davidson xlch 1100
High Crane 4 Electronic ignition
Cycle Electric Generator
S&S Super E Carb
Shorty Slant Drag Pipes
Custom Paint
Sparky Spark coils and Plug wires

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
I prefer not to have a shield, though it is extremely a blessing when in the rain.  I just feel awkward behind one.

Ever had a wasp down your shirt?? Talk about awkward...  :34
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Online Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 09:49:22 pm »
Mine is 21 and I like it.Had a fairing and wouldn't mind it again in the future but it did mess with me on turn in.I always ended up in the middle to outside ans just couldn't get it to the inside.Switched back to the windshield and was instantly almost running off on the inside.Yes I know it was just me and i'm almost positive it was late turn in.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:55:54 pm »
in three and a half years of riding with a fairing ive been hit by four bugs and a bat. dont think i will go back to riding without one.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline cowboy450

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 09:26:54 am »
I like mine to be just below eye level, about as high as the bridge on your nose. That way you can look over it or duck a little and look threw it. I have to take about 3 inches off my Goldwing windshields since the Japanese apparently think we are all 6'4" but I'm 5'9".
82 Aspencade, 83 Interstate, 81 Bobber

A Goldwing isn't an old mans bike, it's a wise mans bike. Often that wisdom comes with age.

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:26:41 pm »
My windshield is adjusted so I can see over it or thru it. It is a 17" Memphis Shades with quick detach hardware. I like to ride without it in warm weather if it is not raining.
Semper Fi

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 10:07:30 pm »
I've gotten so used to with that I can't like without. If you can Never mind the hard shell bugs and bees the noise is way too much for me.

Online Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 10:14:04 pm »
 :21 Agreed.I tried it without on mine last for a few weeks.The difference in handling and throttle response was crazy but after a few trips in triple digitland I thought my neck was gonna snap off.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 10:34:26 pm »
I don't do triple digits.
Semper Fi

Online Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 10:42:59 pm »
I don't usually either but with the feeling like it just gained like 20 hp I couldn't resist opening her up a few times.
Marc

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 07:48:12 am »
That is what I like about riding without a windshield. It feels stronger and more agile. Also I just like the feeling of beeing in the wind sometimes.
Semper Fi