Author Topic: Apr 23&25, TU&TH -Good Weather (Ride both days) TU Marshall Loop, TH Muddy Pond  (Read 594 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
UPDATE of ORIGINAL Post about TU only -- A plan is set.  :happypep

TUESDAY -- No response for that day & after routing out some routes, I decided on the Marshall Loop. Comes out about at 143 miles from MY HOUSE and back to NEWPORT.

DEPART and ROUTE: No reply, so just do my thing and start early as I am ready - likely leave the house around 7:30AM to 8AM.  I will be going thru Sevierville area and plan to use Hwy 32 Curves (Cosby) and (DIRT for a mile or so) getting to the last I-40 Exit in TN.

By The Way, IF SOMONE DECIDES THEY ARE INTERESTED -- LET ME KNOW and we can work a plan -- I can modify the route (no dirt) and set a leave a bit later (As late as 8:30AM at PILOT on Hwy 66 or around 8:45AM on Hwy 411 east of Sevierville). Just let me know .

LUNCH: Plans are to stop at INGLES (Super Mkt Deli)  in Marshall, NC. Not sure exact time I will get there, should be close to noon. Bring snack & water (good idea anytime as one never knows what will happen).

________________________________________________________________________________________

THURSDAY (if weather holds) -- Wes responded to first E Mail and was interested in any of the 4 things proposed, but Thursday is best day for him. So, I took a look at weather (last report is 7% and that should be OK because Wed rain at 80% drops off after 11PM or 2AM Thu.

DEPART:   I plan to leave the house at 7:45AM, will go thru Seymour intersection (411/441/228) at about 8AM. Can arrange to meet in that area for 8AM depart (McD or whatever - but let me know other wise, I may not stop).

2nd MEETING place -- Meet Wes at I-40 and Watt Rd. I forget if the truck stop on NORTH SIDE OF THE EXIT is a PILOT or FLYING J (I think a FLYING J). Be there by 9:15AM and wait, I should get there about then and will stop for bathroom and then get rolling with Wes.

TerrE just responded about riding Thursday. So, I will contact him about a meet place and time. Wes and I will likely ride I-40 to the Hwy 321/95 exit and head north there. TerrE there is a little market up Hwy 95 on the right. it is run by Chinese, friendly in away when I stopped there for a egg biscuit one time to check it out, but they have a sign that restrooms are for customers only, so not real friendly place to meet). Maybe meet you there. No sense in you coming to Watt Rd to ride I-40 back to there. 

ROUTE: More major roads on this one than backroads.  First part explained above. Then on up to Wartburg and cut across to Clark Range, then to Muddy Pond Rd. I don't know if any of the businesses in Clark Range (Sorghum Place or the Porch) is open, no big deal if they are not (it is the ride). But, if they are open,likely stop for a short time to look around.

Coming Home -- varied route (I-40,mixed with Hwy 70 a good ride, and backroad route if time permits around Rockwood).

I have not mapped it out past Crossville coming home (It is 143 miles from my house to Muddy Pond and back to Crossville.  I would like to stop at Cycle Gear (Near Cedar Bluff Exit) to look around (might make it a break stop before heading the rest of the way home). 

LUNCH: Last time I was at the Porch (Muddy Pond), there was some food available (limited). However, I would bring snacks and plan on fast food at Crossville (Tree House Exit or next Exit or Crab Orchard - Gas and FAST FOOD).     
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:09:53 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Big UPDATE -- I updated original post (final plans)   :happyrider
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)