Author Topic: Heavy Weights...  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Heavy Weights...
« on: June 11, 2013, 01:45:29 pm »
My bikes spec weight is 641lbs. Add to that bags, trunk, oversize shocks, fork extensions, fairing, aux lights, floorboards, etc. I figure it weighs in at 800-850 without me on it.  :what
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Re: Heavy Weights...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:19:47 pm »
Thats what I figured mine weighed when it was dressed out like that.Scary part is thats about a wing weighs and we say how heavy they are and build ours to the same thing  :groan the things we do for comfort & convenience.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 07:36:43 pm »
if your ever at wheelers in robbinsville he has or had a scale u could weigh your bike on.. 

My VFR w/ the hard bags is just over 600lbs.  and they call uit a sportbike :34
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 08:35:50 pm »
The new F6B sporty wing is pretty awesome. But, I am a little short on the $$
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:21 pm »
The new F6B sporty wing is pretty awesome. But, I am a little short on the $$

:21 +1 not to mention being short on leg length but I did sit on one at Southern Honda and it feels nice.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
My Yamaha Roadstar is  743 pounds, wet.....

( at times, it feels like it weighs more than that!! )

I just LOVE the Honda F6B   :D   But for the money, if I were to break down and buy a large, touring motorcycle, it would have to be the Goldwing. There is nothing on the road that will touch it..... comfort, wind protection, style. It has it ALL!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:44:30 am by MikelJay »
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 02:03:43 pm »
My Yamaha Roadstar is  743 pounds, wet.....

( at times, it feels like it weighs more than that!! )

I just LOVE the Honda F6B   :D   But for the money, if I were to break down and buy a large, touring motorcycle, it would have to be the Goldwing. There is nothing on the road that will touch it..... comfort, wind protection, style. It has it ALL!

I gotta admit I'm not opposed to a goldwing in theory. It's just too much stuff for me at this point. I guess that's why I like the F6B so much.

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2013, 08:02:41 am »
Oh... the F6B is so SEXY  :D

Oh yeah, I'd own one......    ;D
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2013, 09:00:35 am »
Curb wt 723 lb on showroom floor now with all addons Around 800 lb w/o me 1000+ with me on

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2013, 09:27:12 am »
The average car is 3,000+ pounds and you are worried about a 600-800lb bike?  Road hugging weight, right? ;)

Okay, I can see it being a problem if you drop it...so don't drop it!!  Oh, and back into those hilly parking spots so you can get out again. <grin>  Been there and made that mistake before.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2013, 10:12:44 am »
Curb wt 723 lb on showroom floor now with all addons Around 800 lb w/o me 1000+ with me on

I love your exhaust! Someday maybe I'll have a set like that.

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
Re:
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 11:30:12 am »
I'm not worried about the wt glad is that heavy it don't wobble back and forth when passing or getting past my 18 wheeler like I see a lot of bikes do. Thanks Deuce there made by hard krome got lucky caugh them on sale

Sent from my Huawei-H867G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 02:49:25 pm »
i have no clue what my goldwings weigh. i know theyre heavy. thanks to the wifes stupid dog chasing her stupid cats ive had to pick them both up. several times. stupid dog.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2013, 08:09:35 pm »
i have no clue what my goldwings weigh. i know theyre heavy. thanks to the wifes stupid dog chasing her stupid cats ive had to pick them both up. several times. stupid dog.

That might make me want to pick up a dog. And, throw it...hard.

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2013, 01:22:07 am »
That might make me want to pick up a dog. And, throw it...hard.

great danes dont throw     well. they just kind of flop to the ground.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Blue

• The Brain
  • True Member
Re:
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 05:43:01 am »
Was wondering what kind of a dog could knock over a goldwing was thinking St Bernard maybe but Great Dane will do it and trying to throw them is like trying to throw a limber horse lol

Sent from my Huawei-H867G using Tapatalk 4