Author Topic: Z1000 Clutch replacement  (Read 940 times)

Offline duh09

Z1000 Clutch replacement
« on: June 20, 2013, 10:55:54 am »
Been having some slipping clutch issues as of late and with my clutch cable actually snapping this morning, I figured it's about time to do some work to the bike... at this rate, I should just start a general Z1000 repair thread haha. Planning on at least new clutch cable, new clutch, fresh plugs, oil, and a major major detail job and fixing up some little wiring things. May even get some bar-end mirrors and fancy levers and some other goodies if I get my car fixed and sold quick enough.

Anyways, what clutch kit do you guys go with? I've heard some pretty mixed reviews on the EBC SRK kit. I'd like to go ahead and put new friction discs and metals in it too while I've got it apart, much rather know I've got all new stuff than waiting on something else to fail.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Re: Z1000 Clutch replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:19:21 pm »
Your best bet is going with the Barnett clutch kit with the springs, steels and fibers. Was your cable too tight? This would cause the slipping and possible cable failure..

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline duh09

Re: Z1000 Clutch replacement
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 10:49:05 am »
My cable was pretty stretched. I had been meaning to order a new one but just been putting it off. I'm going to get a new one and change my oil since it's about time anyways and see if I still have any slipping before I order a new clutch. Hopefully I won't need one and I'll be that much closer to a new tune.  :beg