Author Topic: Easy Float Level Carb Adjustment  (Read 677 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Easy Float Level Carb Adjustment
« on: October 16, 2013, 09:59:19 pm »
Okay, This is a less technical way to view/adjust the float level on your carbs. Now for multiple carb banks (more than one cylinder) you will want to use this as a rough adjustment then mic all of them to make sure there are all exact.
Okay, Find the drain plug at the bottom of the carb, there are two types of bowl plugs. this will work for both types. You may have to find a creative way of replacing the plug with a clear tube. The clear tube will allow you to see your fuel level. I used a zip tie at the top of the carb to hold the clear tube up. Make sure the carb is level, Then hook up your fuel supply. The fuel will fill the tube to the level thats in the bowl. You will want the level to just be below the gasket line.
As you can see in this pic the level set here was a good bit too high causing it to flood out the overflows..

So I drained the carb, Then took the bowl off. Before I started just bending the tab I used the bottom part of my calipers to measure the current position. Then bent the tab slightly about a half millimeter. after a time or two bending in smaller increments until I get where I want to be.
Like this... :)

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Re: Re: Easy Float Level Carb Adjustment
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 05:52:26 pm »
That's a great idea. Nice write up too.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.