Author Topic: World Superbike  (Read 1583 times)

Offline VolZX10R

World Superbike
« on: October 22, 2013, 04:34:55 am »
Congratulations to Tom Sykes and Kawasaki on winning WSBK this year. First championship in 20 years.
2011 ZX 10R

Offline B.E.G.

• True Member
  • OUTLAW
Re: World Superbike
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:50:07 am »
Congratulations to Tom Sykes and Kawasaki on winning WSBK this year. First championship in 20 years.

I seen that!!i think that awesome!!thrilled for him..

Offline VolZX10R

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 02:30:50 pm »
He was instrumental in developing the latest generation of the ZX 10r. Vermeulen was supposed to be Kawasaki's main rider but stayed injured, so they brought in Sykes. It took a couple of years but shows what patience and hard work get you.
2011 ZX 10R

Offline Thibby9

• Put your head down and ride your race.
    • RollHard Racing
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »
I don't know if you guys watched the race but that last corner last lap move by Eugene Laverty was one of the best overtakes I have seen in racing!

Offline VolZX10R

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:50:05 pm »
I did! That last pass was awesome! I switched to Comcast just for Superbike coverage. Was a great season for kawasaki fans.
2011 ZX 10R

Offline Thibby9

• RollHard Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 08:52:46 pm »
I cant believe he pushed that deep on the outside and still managed to shut the door and hit the apex! I usually catch the races a couple days after on youtube. Always been a fan of Sykes and hopefully this will land him a gp ride in the future.

Offline VolZX10R

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »
Sykes is a low key, coffee loving Brit who interacts well with the fans. The work he and Kawasaki put in on the latest 10R to take it from last to first is impressive. He will be with Kawasaki in WSBK for at least another year. His racing team mates have had injury difficulties. Maybe Spies will rejoin him on team green.
2011 ZX 10R

Offline Thibby9

• RollHard Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 09:19:33 pm »
Doubtful, and dont forget Sykes rookie season he finished 5th in the championship and was left in the dark because Spies won the title in his rookie season that same year. Very talented rider for sure!!

Offline VolZX10R

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 08:24:01 am »
So much for the Spies to Kawasaki wish. He just announced his retirement. 
2011 ZX 10R

Offline Thibby9

• RollHard Racing
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:10 pm »
I know such a bummer. But I wouldn't be surprised if he pops back on the radar at some point next season, in some series. There is just some uncertainty with being physically fit to race therefore he didn't want to commit to a team. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets back to health and feels he can be competitive that he will be back at it!