Author Topic: Repairing Plastic Hard bags  (Read 1026 times)

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
Repairing Plastic Hard bags
« on: October 26, 2013, 08:28:39 pm »
So this winter Ive decided to repaint the Buell white.  And try to fix my bags that have scratches on them.  I bought some bondo, but realized that its for metal only.  Anyone used something on hard plastic/abs to repair scratches?  I'll also do a build thread soon when I get started on it.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Re: Repairing Plastic Hard bags
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 08:35:26 pm »
They sell an adhesive type stuff at auto body supply places to repair plastic bumpers that can be sanded and painted.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline LukeNukeEm

• Artist Formally known as Bosgarage57
  • True Member
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 08:41:29 pm »
They sell an adhesive type stuff at auto body supply places to repair plastic bumpers that can be sanded and painted.

Hmm ok, thanks Deuce, ill check it out. Home depot didnt have anything I should have checked there.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 09:37:23 pm »
I can't remember what it is called exactly. But, it's fairly expensive. You could always try a plastic welder. They sell those at harbor freight.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:04:16 pm »
We keep a 2 part at the store made by 3M.I think it says flexible bumper repair kit on the package.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.