Author Topic: Motorcycle brand for super sports model  (Read 1425 times)

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
Motorcycle brand for super sports model
« on: March 20, 2014, 04:42:20 pm »
Just a little thread to see everyone's opinion on what brand and bike they would choose. Personally i've rode kawi and Suzuki and love both, but! the last few years I've slowly been moving towards triumph. They seem to have there game face on lately and with the performance of the Daytona 200 and triumph coming through with an awesome show I might have found me a new brand to try in up coming years. Now I know bmw has set a pretty high goal with there monster. But let's be serious on that, @ 20k your average biker is not going to drop that much mula on it, I know I won't even give it a thought with those numbers even if it is the fastest in a straight line. Lol

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
Re: Motorcycle brand for super sports model
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 05:13:18 pm »
and with the performance of the Daytona 200 and triumph coming through with an awesome show I might have found me a new brand to try in up coming years.

You sir are exactly what the manufacturers are looking for when they enter a race or race series. 

If you build it they will come buy it..
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 05:47:55 pm »
I bought a Ducati 848 Evo Corse and while I like it I'm too tall for it. I really liked the Triumph 675R better (and it was cheaper!) but I was even more awkward on that one. I'ts the 6'2 with much of it in the torso that just has me wrong for it. If I were just a little shorter the Triumph would certainly have gotten the nod. It's probably one of the easiest bikes I've ever flicked around and that wasn't even the R model!

Oddly enough, the next sport bike I'd like to get is the new Ninja 300.  The ex's '12 Ninja 250 is more FUN to throw around and zing about on than the Ducati. At least I can hit 2nd gear on it without worrying about a felony traffic ticket. ;)

Offline emd513

• speed is an obsession. not a decision.
  • Legendary Member
  • "adrenaline junkie"
Re:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 08:50:59 pm »
Lol. Yeah yeah marid. I have watch several videos of riders opinions and more and more people are jumping to them.  Will see.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
03 Zr1000. Totalled
04 Zr1000. Traded
05 gsxr 600 under construction
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Offline gotgixers

• Gixxersaurous rider
  • Legendary Member
  • Old Skool GSXR 7/12
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 09:37:02 pm »
I haven't sat on a NEW SS for a couple years.... But I am a pretty die hard Suzuki fan.....

So I'm going to say Suzuki ....
I PITY THE FOOL, THAT DONT RIDE OLDSCHOOL

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 10:20:33 am »
By all accounts I've read and watched the 675R is phenomenal. It's down on power vs. all of it's direct competitors (848, F3, GSXR750) but doesn't feel like it is which to me says that the power is in the right places. The handling is laser sharp and the bike just falls into place. The big con to the 675 is it is cramped even to modern sportbike standards. It is not comfortable. At all.

I haven't ridden one yet but as I really, really want one I've read and watched nearly everything on the bike for the last 2 years.
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline DragonRider

• True Member
  • Adventures we seek
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2014, 08:11:27 pm »
The big con to the 675 is it is cramped even to modern sportbike standards. It is not comfortable. At all.

That sums up my experience from an hours ride on one and a demo on another. I felt like I was literally sitting on a kids bike. Even the Ninja 250 felt more roomy and 'proper' to me. I think (personal opinion) that in the ever growing expectation to shed weight each and every year they have reached diminishing returns in engine/frame/suspension and they are starting to cut down size more and more. Shuck 3" of tail and 2" of nose and you save that much more mass... but the bike starts to get more and more compact in order to keep the aesthetics looking the correct proportions.  Win for the weight watchers, loss for the people that actually want to ride them. The R6, the 675, and even my 848 fall into that category though the 848 is the least of the offenders. I lasted 7 minutes on an R6 I was going to buy before taking it back to the dealership. That's all the time it took for my legs to lock up and my wrists to cramp. It was the angles on my 6'2 frame. I am simply too big...and yet my favorite all around sport bike was my '01 R6 that looks almost giant next to the new ones when you compare seat/handlebar ratios...and someone tell the designers that the clipo-ns should be a comfortable reach, not at the knees... okay? Sheesh.