Author Topic: What's your most expensive mistake?  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
What's your most expensive mistake?
« on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:42 pm »
Doesn't have to be about bikes. Seen this somewhere else thought there were some interesting answers.
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
Re: What's your most expensive mistake?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 09:13:50 pm »

Does getting married count?

Most expensive mistake?

Opening a metal fab business and catering solely to the amusement industry.

Opening a shop in rogersville.

Oh, wait, even better, trusting my neighbors to not rob me blind of tools collected over 20 years.

The list goes on and on.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline r6boater

• True Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 09:34:49 pm »
Not getting custody of Draik at the time of his mine and his mom's divorce. Waited to fight for physical custody 1.5yrs later. 10 months of Lawyers/fees... not cheap but totally worth every penny.

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 09:53:49 pm »
First wife and first gf after the first wife.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline skeeter

• True Member
  • if you are gonna go,go old school.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 10:44:28 pm »
well ,  what really cost was 2 wifes , but i can't say they were mistakes . got my 2 sons outta of my first wife , but she lost her mind & my second wife blowed alot of money & died out on me . but it was her money. i was in the carnival bizz for 10 years & you learn not to be a sucker that way. never been beat bad on any deal. seen alot of my friend get beat really bad & they won't listen . well , i blowed alot of money having fun . but i don't count that as a mistake. oh i forgot . don't think you loaned money to my little brother money. he beat me good . but what are gonna do ?
if you are gonna go,go old school.

Offline BudLong

• True Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 06:27:39 am »
slipping on the ice and breaking my elbow back in January.    :31

i think the cost of the surgery alone was 13 grand.  don't have a clue what the total bill would come up to with the various doctor visits, MRI and rehab and all.  i am SOOOO thankful that i had medical insurance when this happened.    :n21

Offline sevensixtwo

• True Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 07:19:15 am »
Ex-Fiancee. Ah, the naivete of youth....

Offline El Borrego

• True Member
  • Seymour, TN
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 03:23:01 pm »
Wrecked my 750 Shadow, all superficial but still cost a bunch to put those things back on.  Next was the wreck where the lady ran into the rear of my first Valkyrie.  Although the bills were paid by her and my insurance, I pay for it with aching shoulder after surgery.  Every day.  Oh, that sweet darling and her cell phone.