Author Topic: Winter Upgrade/Maintenance Plans  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
  • I just love to ride and have since I was 5.
Winter Upgrade/Maintenance Plans
« on: October 28, 2014, 03:07:58 am »
Any big plans this winter?
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
Re: Winter Upgrade/Maintenance Plans
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 11:32:56 am »
Ride as long as I can. Lowers on my forks and covers on my engine guards.
Semper Fi

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:52:20 pm »
I got a few other projects but if time allows early spring I may paint the 929RR again.   This time. Tata's pink.   :34.
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 03:09:53 am »
I got a few other projects but if time allows early spring I may paint the 929RR again.   This time. Tata's pink.   :34.

That is a lovely color...  ;D
2006 VTX1300C 205/70/15 Hydroedge rear tire, Leatherlyke Bags, Batwing, Cobra floor boards, Vance & Hines pipes, LEDGlow, Pair Mod, Kuryakin Hypercharger Pro, Mustang seat, Cobra passing lights, Cobra Case Gaurds, 3" Fork extensions, 1800C Shocks, Cobra Tach, Custom Risers, Custom Kickstand, and a  WOLO Badboy Horn.

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 06:57:06 pm »
I need to do a good, general cleaning of my Roadstar    :worry         and I would like to remove the windshield and put a fairing on instead, but I'll have to see what the money situation is after the 1st of the year   :groan

Otherwise, I'd just like to find time to ride........   :happyrider
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado

Offline Willie

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 08:15:50 pm »
I'm hoping to FINALLY finish getting my GT750 back on the road, "update" the front end on my GS1100G by installing Progressive springs, emulators and a fork brace and addressing a couple of leaky gaskets on my GS1100E.
Willie
I used to think that common sense was just uncommon. Now, I think it should be considered a super power.

Offline BudLong

• True Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:15:09 am »
oil and filter change, and change the gear oil in the rear drive shaft (the hub on the rear wheel), and figure out how the check the fluid level in the radiator and the rear brake master cylinder

Offline midknight

• cupcake
  • Legendary Member
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 06:43:27 pm »
Sell the fz6 and buy an fz09 :) just kidding....maybe

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 08:24:26 pm »
I guess that would be an upgrade...lol

Online Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 08:30:36 pm »
Looks like oil changes for both and maybe brake fluid and coolant flushes for the nomad.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline El Borrego

• True Member
  • Seymour, TN
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 07:17:31 pm »
Next week:  New front tire, 2 new front rotors, new pads and new bolts in rotors, oil change.  Then ride when weather allows.  I've added about all I intend to add to the bike, now it's just maintain and ride.  Well, may get some red LED lights beneath the saddle bags later on.

Offline BudLong

• True Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 07:42:44 am »
i'd really like to put some led lights up under the frame and gas tank.  but santa's feeling kinda broke this year.  gonna have to stick with maintenance, unless some of the "flame" do-dads i've requested actually show up at Christmas time

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 04:14:54 am »
You can buy pretty decent ledglow kits on ebay fairly cheap.

Offline 06 retro

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »
any of you guys wanting led lights for your bikes. if your close  or just wanna take a trip go the flea market at exit 407.gatlinburg/Sevierville exit.. he has all sizes and colors and is cheaper than anybody else..i got all of mine there and haven't had a problem with them..

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 04:07:57 am »
 :21

any of you guys wanting led lights for your bikes. if your close  or just wanna take a trip go the flea market at exit 407.gatlinburg/Sevierville exit.. he has all sizes and colors and is cheaper than anybody else..i got all of mine there and haven't had a problem with them..

Offline BudLong

• True Member
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2014, 08:09:44 am »
thanks 06 retro

:21

Offline Sarge

• Old School
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 11:34:59 am »
What is their booth number?
Semper Fi

Offline Willie

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 09:35:31 pm »
I've bought my share off eBay. It takes awhile for them to arrive from China but, for the price, I can wait. A cool, yet practical, mod that I've done on a couple of my bikes is to install strips of red LEDs in the signal light housings. I wire them to my brake light so the signals light up in red when you hit the brakes. Even though the signal lens is yellow/amber the LEDs look red when illuminated. I like having extra brake lights. :)  On my 1100G, I put white LED strips in the running light/signal housings but wired them to take the place of the running lights. Then, I took the signal light wires and connected both filaments of the bulb on each side to the signal light so both filaments would be activated for the signals. I hope this makes sense. Anyone that doesn't understand is encouraged to PM me for a better explanation.
Willie
I used to think that common sense was just uncommon. Now, I think it should be considered a super power.

Offline Deuce

• Poppa Deuce
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2014, 04:07:43 am »
Nice...I like extra lights myself.

Offline 06 retro

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:58 pm »
 sarge i'm not sure on booth number,but you cant miss it.he has hundreds of different kinds of led's from headlights to emergengy strobe lights..