Author Topic: Wasabi Dual Battery charger and Battery Pacs for the HERO 3 / 3+  (Read 740 times)

Offline MikelJay

• True Member
Wasabi Dual Battery charger and Battery Pacs for the HERO 3 / 3+
« on: December 06, 2014, 10:35:27 am »
I just picked up a new item from AMAZON.com, it's the Wasabi Dual Charger and 2 Battery Packs for the GoPro HERO3/3+. It was priced very reasonably at $23 and comes packaged in a VERY small box.

The batteries themselves are very small, but the same form factor as the original HERO3/3+ batteries, however, they have a slightly larger capacity than the original batteries. The original batteries have a rating of 3.7 volts/1170mAh, but the Wasabi batteries are rated at 3.7 volts/1280mAh. So there SHOULD be a longer run time with the Wasabi battery pack installed in the camera, although I have yet to try it myself to see.

The battery charger is well made and has a cavity on opposite sides to install the batteries. Each cavity has its own charge light, which glows red to show its charging the battery and green to show a fully charged battery. A mini USB port is located on top of the charger and a mini USB to standard USB cable is supplied. To charge the batteries, you must plug the USB cable into a USB port on your computer OR into a USB wall charger. There is a package you can buy from Wasabi that includes the batteries, dual charger, USB cable and wall charger but it was more expensive ( not by much ), plus I already have 2 USB wall chargers.

Charge time using my computer is very quick. It took about 2 hours to charge both batteries. You can charge a single battery pack in the charger as well.

I've used the Wasabi battery packs before in my GoPro HERO2 camera and have had good results from them. Usually, I get longer run time but the biggest thing was the cost. The GoPro battery pack costs $20 for one, the Wasabi batteries cost $20 for 2 batteries, plus you get a charger. And the quality of the product is as good as the original GoPro.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 10:48:50 am by MikelJay »
Mike

2006 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado