Author Topic: Naked NINJA with Front Air Suspension & Easy Wheel Removal - House Damage  (Read 1232 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
I had a ride TUE (no pictures) to I-Hop for FREE free pancake (not free, tip and donation), then walk to Chic Fil A for FREE oat meal with coupon from Dick, then GYM & Taco Bell at Seymour. Then on way home, I decided long way - loop to John Sevier, Thorngrove, Kodak, Mtn Mtr Sport, PO Box and Home.

Ken Goldwing was at Mtn Mtr Sport, so we toured the second floor MCs(He had not been there since they moved parts next door and MCs upstairs). Then home and washed NINJA & Scooter (almost as clean as Jackie and TerrE's MCs). M M S has a used 2013 NINJA 650 (not 650R as it has high handle bars) with around 3900 miles (original tires and a small blemish) they took in trade. Asking $5000. I like, but probably more bike than I need as the 500 is quick enough for an old man. 

Since I rode TUE, and need new tire, need fork seals replaced, need to fix the fairing frame with 1/2 pipe sections TerrE made me, so might as well kill two birds with one stone and make a Naked NINJA StreetFighter (like naked). 

Front Tire (need new?).

Love the simplicity of Naked Bikes (no plastic damage when you drop 'em on ice, no forks to bend). This one is really naked with easy wheel removal, installation, and alignment. Front suspension is like riding on air, not sure what to do about the MC Jack when riding. 

House trim damage done by wind this AM. I wanted to get on the roof and cut the swinging piece off (aluminum trim). I only have a 10 ft step ladder and did not have nerve to get on top of it to crawl over the gutter at the deck to get on the roof. Dang stuff is only nailed on with a nail about every couple feet. 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:23:21 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
yeah, i like naked too  :wahoo
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
I figured someone would pick up on that 'naked'. But, it depends on who.  ::)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Not Naked Now. Just too CLEAN to RIDE.  :groan

CLEAN NINJA --- Wouldn't you hate to mess this up?

Rebuilt Forks (Clean). New Front Tire (Clean tire and wheel). Fairing was off and back on (Cleaned it both sides and frame behind before reinstalling). Windshield (Clean).

Most of the rest is not too bad. :-) About as good as it gets for me, but It ain't TerrE or Jackie clean. 

I almost hated to pull it out on the drive for a picture (damp drive). :-(

Offline skeeter

• True Member
  • if you are gonna go,go old school.
i hate when i get something so clean that i hate to mess it up. that's why i ain't got alot of clean stuff. ninja looking good. in 2000 my late wife bought me one of them little geo metro convertables .a 1991 model . red with black top & interior. the next day i washed & waxed that little varmint, loved that little car.then it rained almost solid for 3 weeks.  :21   
if you are gonna go,go old school.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
CLEAN NINJA --- Wouldn't you hate to mess this up?

Looking Good!

(But dirty motorcycles can be cleaned again so hit the road buddy!  :)  )
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT