Author Topic: Sag  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
Sag
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:28:34 am »
about how much sag do you go for on a tard?? I am not felling to much comfortable with my suspension at the moment. Feels really spongy. I know that they have alot more travel than other bikes. Just wondering where you all are setting them up at. On my street bikes like the Z I went with close to an 1 1/8th inch sag. And the bike felt planted all the way through the corner. The Duke fells like it wants to push. I am sure it's just something that I have to get used to. Figured I would ask.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline usmc82503

• Semper Fi
Re: Sag
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:35:13 am »

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:59:59 am »
wow, thats alot of sag......lol

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Rockytop Rider

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:57:11 am »
static sag or race sag? i am newb at adjusting suspensions, but i've found it's really not too difficult on the tard.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 09:10:02 am »
well not full race, But agressive enough to play on the hill.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline HUNTIN 400SM

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 06:43:06 pm »
it all depends on ur weight and riding style, everybodys suspension will be different
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:46:39 pm by HUNTIN 400SM »

Offline Rockytop Rider

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:11:39 pm »
here ya go

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271134

i'm a newb at suspensions...but i learned quickly that very small adjustments can make a world of difference! i've got mine set at 75mm race and 85mm static. works for me. idk about other bikes and riding style. i had my suspension adjusted locally and it was awful. paid $ to have it adjusted and it was terrible...that being said, if i had to do it over again i would have just done it myself knowing what i know now. hollar if your gonna b on the hill i can help ya out. its easiest to make adjustments one at a time and under the riding conditions that your gonna ride.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 05:05:39 pm »
I was up there today as a matter of fact. But think you said you had to work. But anyway. Huntin generally everyone that rides the same way will go for the same sag. i.e. sportbikes the best aggressive sag would be as close to 1 1/8th inch. That's where tim (drop) helped me set mine at and it was perfect. We had to get to that number by adjusting for my weight and riding position. Jeff, I would love for you guys to help out setting it up. We can adjust it take a lap and adjust it more if needed. I know it's way out because I have the rubber rolled on the back pretty hard today. Generally tell me I have a static problem? right?

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400