Author Topic: NINJA 500 to Adventure Bike (not mine, thought interesting, "Curtie-fied')  (Read 873 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
I sold my MADSTAD Windshield (for a 500) to a guy in KY and rode up to Williamsburg today to meet him ( I had offered to deliver within 100  miles. I was thinking a day rdie some day to deliver.

Not thinking a quick Interstate trip, but did Interstate both ways as not time to do a real ride. It is only 90 miles up there and was kind of pleasant. Also, gave me a chance to check out the CB500X on Interstate Hwy. Does OK, lot of wind in your face. Gas mileage dropped from like 75 MPG ave on local rdies (limitied check of 300 plus miles) to like 65 MPG coming back (based on 84 miles and 10 of that was backroads).

ANYWAY, point is the guy that bought the windshield had a modified NINJA 500 (Think KLR). 

I told him it looked CURTIE - FIED.  :21

Pictures going and coming.  Maybe should be in ride report. No Big deal.

However, I-75 has it's scenery. Saw a cloud in distant valley (fog), but could not get a good angle to take a picture.

They re surfaced I-275 (very nice). .
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Interesting setup he has there.I kinda like it.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Looks like an adventure tourer in the making.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
The extra bag on top of the tank bag is a back Pack (big one) he brought to carry the windshield back home.

It barely fit in there width wise. It is 18 inch  tall and 15 inch wide. +/- a little

I had  told him to bring a bath towel to wrap it in and ropes to tie it on his passenger seat area (as I did to take it to him.He did not like the idea of tying stuff on, so wearing the back pack with windshield in it the rest of the day.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)