Author Topic: PAULRIDES Ride -June 9 Loop up to Norris and Back (couple favorites 144 and 61)  (Read 706 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Just the male half of the WI Vistors could ride today. So, we left at 7:30AM to beat the heat. Nearly did, but it got warm last hour coming home (about 12:30PM), befroe arriving for lunch at the BBQ on Hwy 139 (Between 66 and Dandridge). Try it sometime - small sandwich is adequate at $2.75, Homemade Pies and Cake, Soft Serve Ice Cream (cones or put it on the pie), a nice little place on Lake Douglas.

Stopped at Norton Mill at Big Ridge State Park for the first brief break. Dropped by Hickory Star Marina for a quick stop. Continued to Savage Garden to see the rocks and meet the friendly dog. Norris Dam Overlook on a HAZY SUMMER DAY,  then the tailwaters, Thrashing Barn and Mill at the museum area. Ride thru the unique little bungalow homes (doll house like) - some or late models, others appear to be 1940s heritage.

Then BBQ - good deal and good BBQ.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:47:46 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Date Error - it was today, June 9. It would not be me if I did not screw something up (two cows in last report HA!)
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
haha, I was wondering if you were a day behind. I love those road pics. The one that goes all the way back on it's self is the best. :) Looks like you had a great and fun ride. :3

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you