Author Topic: What do you guys think??  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
What do you guys think??
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »
Well had the chance to get the tard out today on the hill. I don't feel I am near as fast as I was on the Z. But with some seat time and suspension tweaking I think I can get there. Had one mishap that was completely my fault. :( Got to ride the ditch at about 50 mph for a few seconds. lol Like I said this tard thing is really new to me. Figured it would be more like a dirt bike......... But I am not feeling that. lol anyway here is a couple of pics from 129slayer.com What do you tard guy think? What can i improve on if you can tell anything from a couple of pics. Thanks, Curt

[attachment deleted by admin]

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Marid2apterbilt

• 1-SLW-LCL
  • Legendary Member
  • Dumb Mtn Hermit
Re: What do you guys think??
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:55:11 pm »
Is it bad that it looks like your riding a ANT :34
Quote from: Hot Blonde young Waitress
Fine dont eat my CUPCAKES then

Just because your a Touron doesnt mean we Locals should kiss your......

http://129slayer.com

http://www.easttnbikers.com/forum/

Ha! Not gonna happen.

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 10:18:44 pm »
lol, I was thinking an alien from one of the Men in Black movies. lol I did notice though My shoulder is up in that second pic. Messed up one of the basics. lol

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline Wamphyri*DFR*

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 11:27:08 am »
Once you get used to it you'll be quicker with less effort. I never set the sag correctly for my weight and yet once I got used to the feel of the bike I would carry at least 5mph more corner speed that i would on the R6 without trying.  Keep in mind to stay forward when riding hard as the front end on the tards are not weighted as much as a sportbike. Tires will take a little longer to warm and will push more than a sportbike, but also feels more like a gradual loss of traction and with the wider bars it's easier to control and recover. That being sad i was also riding on those old Metzlers that had seen many heat cycles and not the fresh rubber you have now. 

I Samuel 17:49

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39:06 am »
Thanks, Didn't even think about weighting the front. I did take the air pressure down lower than I would on the Z. Went with 26lbs front and rear so it would help heat up faster. You should come ride it some and see the difference the tires made. lol Those Metzlers had a born date of early 03. haha so I am sure there has been a few heat cycles. Wheelies are alot of fun on this bike though. :3

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 08:59:05 pm »
I think too fast for an Old Gezzer. I will never make it for one reason, I will never try. :-)

Good riding and good pictures. Taht said - find a race track. HA!
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 09:06:25 pm »
haha paul, sad thing is you could probably be faster than I am on my bike. Pictures make me look faster than I am. :3
Here's a few more pics

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:08:20 pm by Curtie223 »

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400