Author Topic: Biker Bits - Australia  (Read 818 times)

Offline BudLong

• True Member
Biker Bits - Australia
« on: November 18, 2015, 08:16:54 am »
I find this guy very entertaining and just thought I'd share one of his videos with ETB.  Hope you enjoy it.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Re: Biker Bits - Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 01:13:05 am »
Good find and thanks for sharing that!

That's a funny guy and I enjoyed the Aussie take on motorcycling.  Of course, we here in the US or Europe don't have to worry (usually) about the next gas station being 200 miles away.  Our usual problem leading to a need to carry some petrol is when somebody runs out and you need to get enough fuel in the stranded bike to make it to the next gas station

My personal solution to that is to get to the gas station and rummage around in their trash to find a couple of empty quart oil containers.  They make great motorcycle sized emergency gas cans and are fairly easy to carry.  Any residual oil left in the containers just mixes with the gas and is burnt harmlessly by the bike you put the gas in.  Putting even just two quarts of gas in the stranded bike is usually enough to make it to the next petrol station and, while you're there filling the bike up, you can return your empty "gas cans" to the trash where you found them.

Thanks again for sharing that video.   :21
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:41:44 pm »
BLOODY Long Winded Gent. Gave up before the bar got 1/10 way across the screen.  :22
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »
Ive carried gas in milk jugs, 2 liter coke bottles, oil bottles, water bottles, pretty much anything that will hold liquids.

Best one to dates was carried gas in a platic garbage bag.

Yes, a trash bag will hold gas.

But hey, im just an ignorant hillbilly.

What do i know?
What does "riding season" mean?