Author Topic: Hillbilly Highway 2011  (Read 978 times)

Offline Smokinjoe

• True Member
  • Ride It Like You Stole It
Hillbilly Highway 2011
« on: June 12, 2011, 09:43:43 pm »
I sure hope some of you sport bike riders get a chance to do Hwy.16 we have been ridin' it for years and now it seems someone see's the money it could make from the motorcycling world. From Marion to the Tazewell county line the pavement is brand new and awesome . From the county line on into Tazewell it's decent but does have corners with marbles  :(

Below is a copy/paste I made from our ride that was posted on the Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club.

First off I do want to give Ron ( Wolf1910 ) and special " Thank you " for setting up the lunch on Droop Mountain with the 4-H Club .  Just so y'all will know all the meat was bought and paid for by Ron he also paid for the pavilion . All the money we paid to eat 100% went to the 4-H club. If you see this Ron just know I'm proud to call you friend  :cooldude: 

This ride will go down as one of my favorite the folk's that attended made that possible. The roads in that area are outstanding for motorcycling and the motel was great as well as most know it got loud when the sun went down in the parking lot and not one complaint did I hear from the motel staff or any guests.Don ( Highbinder ) did a wonderful job planning out this ride even with the rain everyone stayed in the group and enjoyed the awesome ride ( it only rained about 45 minutes and we was under several shelter's the biggest part of that time . ) Here's a few shots I took on the ride...

I talked to Don this morning and the chance is good we return to West Virginia in June 2012 . We will pick another location and all new roads as well.I'm pretty sure I heard 57 bikes rode with us and I know several that came to the ride and did'nt go with the group. This guy from Ohio I know did not make the ride  :(  He did'nt even know it was like that until I showed it to him.

Again thanks everyone that came and made this a ride I'll always remember  :cooldude:

Offline SilverZZR

• www.tnmountaintours.com
  • True Member
  • Suzuki FTW!!!
    • Brothers Cabin Staining
Re: Hillbilly Highway 2011
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:49:02 pm »
I'd be more than interested in making a trip down 16 if you ever plan on goin that way when I get some time off. I mostly like the gap for the people not really the road. I tend to have more fun on local back roads honestly because they are usually less populated.

Good report and I am glad you had a good time. Keep up the good work :)
Dustin
2013 GSX-R1000
ETB Founder

www.tnmountaintours.com

Offline jeff5150

• livin the po life!!
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:39:32 pm »
im with dustin on this. sounds fun, and same with the gap, not my favorite road. i go to see people i would otherwise not get to see.
81 gl1100....

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 08:20:20 am »
I am with both of those guys. Sounds like a great run. Would be worth borrowing my brothers bike. Hehe :)

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you