Author Topic: Suzuki Recall (Rectifier / Regulator) on Many Models of 2008 to 2102 year  (Read 625 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
I received my RECALL NOTICE on 02-13-2016 fro my Burgman 400 Scooter (applie to 2008 - 2012 years on the Burgman AN 400 and AN 400A. .

Other models affected and all in the range of 2008 - 2012 year are  GSX 1300s, GSF 1250s , DL 1000, GSX 650Fs, GSX R600 , GSX R750, VLR 1800, GsxSFV650,VZ1500, DL1000) Years from 2008 to 2012.

Called local dealer after I got the notice that said Call Dealer and give them VIN Number so they can order parts for that VIN. Take about an hour to replace the part. Regulator / Rectifier

I have not had any charging issue. I keep a Digital voltmeter readout plugged in (like you plug into a car 12v output) as I had a major Rec /Reg blow up on a Suzuki Burgman 650 (2007 model) and had some feedback that Suzuki's Reg /Rec leave a lot to be desired. I see around 14 to 14.3VDC all the time.

Taking action on the recall ANYWAY, I called dealer and they ordered the parts. Then said bring it in in FRIDAY and they would need it several days.

I said, WHAT, Several days??? Recall says about an hour work. Apparently, they wanted me to leave it there until the part came in. I said, when you get the part, I will come in and wait for you to fix it.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Mtn Mtr Sports called about 1:30PM and had the part for the RECALL. They said if I got there by 3PM, they could do it today.

I got there at 2:15PM, they took Scooter back to service.

I read some magazines, realized it was 4:15PM (should have been done, I thought). I went down stairs and checked with service. They looked in the computer and said, it is done and will bring it around to the door. 

So far new Rect / Reg works (seeing 14V +/- coming home) like the old one -- but, this one is supposed to NEVER have a problem.  :happypep

Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)