Author Topic: PAULRIDES Ride-June 11,Rocky Top Bkf,Greenville Jail/Johnson Museum,Bible Bridge  (Read 1144 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Added a little history to the WI Visitors tour of East TN. We started with a early Saturday breakfast at Rocky Top General Store (nice country place with great folks). Seven started the ride, two returned home after breakfast, and two more dropped out before Greenville. They were to take a Yamaha Venture to Curt for a tire swap. :-) That left three of us for the tour of the Greenville Historic Jail (lucky they did not put us in it), and the Andrew Johnson Museum. The museum has a nice little slide show about his life, his original Tailor Shop contained inside the museum, plus a couple houses to torur. It is an interesting stop.  Took a quick break at the Bible Covered Bridge on the way home. Some of my favorite cruising roads are on this ride - as ypou know Green County is not as mountainous as Sevier County - so, nice farm land views, some great roads also (Hwy 349 and part of 340 are a couple with some nice curves).

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Diannaleigh

• I like MotorBoats !!!!!
  • True Member
  • Head Biker Mama :P
I am such a history freak! lol lol :) Looks like another great trip! You guys really did some miles these past couple of days!!!! WOOT!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
I love history too. When I get to watch TV it is history channel or speed channel. Looks like a very fun ride. Great pics. Which reminds me I need to see about getting more pics open for you. :) I love the old Jail. I will have to take that ride one day to visit.

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
More ride pictures -- there might be some more worth posting, but too many becomes boring.

I post nearly all of them on the CRGR Photo Web Site, doubt anyone looks at all.

Maybe, 5 more - then I will select the best and not bore everyone too much. Paul

Offline MIPLAYSTATION

• True Member
    • http://www.IronRidersOutpost.com/
Awe crap,Paul is on here?!?!?!?!   (There goes the neighborhood) :15

Just so everyone knows,Paul is the neighborhood terrorist and bike whore!!!!!  :18

My bike is loud,and its not the exhaust..

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Thanks - Flea Market Steve (or is it bag).  He He

Offline MIPLAYSTATION

• True Member
    • http://www.IronRidersOutpost.com/
Thanks - Flea Market Steve (or is it bag).  He He

Either one is fine... LOL
My bike is loud,and its not the exhaust..