Author Topic: PAULRIDES Ride- June 13,Tellico Plain, Bald Falls, Cherohala, Kilmer Forest, GAP  (Read 703 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
A nice ride route, that I have not run in sometime as I get a little bored with it. The WI Visitor (male half) had not been over it in years, so we did it. --- Tellico Plains, Bald River Falls, Indian Boundry Camp and Lake, a little of CITCO Creek (gravel) and back tracked, Cherohala, Joyce Kilmer Forest (see damage from tornadoes), Deals Gap, and the Dragon (ran short of time and had to ride the Dragon home vs 28, Cherokee, Newfound Gap). Took the short cut (actually a long cut up Happy Valley and continue down by the Lake Communiity) that bypasses the Foothills Parkway.   

By the way, in case someone does not know -- there is a short road coming from Bald Falls that takes you to Cherohala and saves a lot of time if you are heading toward NC. Watch for a sharp switchback off the River Road to get on the shortcut, you will see it Y off to the left as you are going to the Falls. Steep and a bit rough in spots, but paved.

A lot of bikes at Deals Gap, made me wish I had another way home. However, I figured 28 would be as bad with bikes and did not have the time to go thru Cherokee and over Newfound Gap. There was a group of about 8 Scooters (Talking VESPA, HELIX, and the like) on their way to LA for a Rally, came from NY, Maine, and such. Carry spare tires and wheels. Loaded down.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Diannaleigh

• I like MotorBoats !!!!!
  • True Member
  • Head Biker Mama :P
You were in my part of the world ;D Great report! :) Wednesday or so of last week I met a group of riders that drove down here from St Louis in one day. They were on cruisers/goldwings. There was one bike that was NOICE! It was white and chrome. Oh how I drooled! :D
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed.  ~Author Unknown

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Riders from St Louis. Wondering, are you from there?

I was reared in SE MO (Jackson, 10 miles from Cape Girardeau and 100 miles south of St Louis). Left in 1960 after college for CA, lived many places since.  My sister and cousins still live there.  My wife's relatives are mostly in St Louis area. We visit some and I take the MC on trailer behind the car and do some day rides from Jackson and from St Louis. Not as much visiting since our parents are deceased.

Some good riding in MO also - if you can get a couple days of god weather. I had thoughts about seeing if anyone anted to go back sometime when we go (they would stay in motel in Jackson or Cape a few nights while we visited my sister). I would do some day rides (need about three days to cover the area). 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Curtie223

• Legendary Member
That was a LONG ride day I'm sure. Bet you put alot of miles on that day. lol Although you would have been better off taking him through there last week. The R6 and R1 rally is in town on the hill. Which there are alot of good people but there are also alot of those who are not, creating alot of wrecks every year. :(

2001 KTM 300exc 
 2004 LTZ400

-When you see another rider keep in mind that is another friend you haven't had the chance to meet yet!!
-Riding is about doing what you love! No matter what you ride or how you ride. Just as long as you