Author Topic: Event, Info, Ride Thoughts for now until SUNDAY  (Read 980 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Event, Info, Ride Thoughts for now until SUNDAY
« on: August 25, 2016, 07:33:32 am »
Song Writer's Festival - Gatlinburg, TN  Aug 24 -28.  Some of it is ticketed.
http://smswf.com/   www.Gatlinburg.com
Some of it is FREE.
http://smswf.com/231/
I don't know where the FREE performances are held?
Two Phone Numbers I have seen for information. 800 588 1817  800 604 9066 

Sevier County Museum, Bruce Street in Downtown Sevierville, TN. I have wanted to stop by there for years. Did go by the museum one time since it moved to new location, it was closed. Saw article in paper that the times are M, TU, TH, S from 11AM until 3PM. 
Maybe ride by there this AM before I have to meet Betty for trip to DR in Knoxville.

Squirrel Season opens Aug 27 until Feb 28 - No License or WMA Permits required opening day (Aug 27). Check Info in 2016-2017 Hunting & Fishing Guide - available online at www.tnwildlife.org. It's complicated reading.

PS: Get to go set in the woods again :-) Problem is, I think all the squirrels are running around neighborhoods and on streets (that's where you see 'em - 2 legged ones as well). HA!)
I must get practiced up with the 9MM Pistol using my new Snap Caps, then I will be ready to go. Joking - there are restrictions on the type weapon you can use for various game.

PSS: By the way, National Forest land (our land) goes by same regulations as TN regulations.   

RIDE PLANS  No Rain Predictions -- HOT TEMP (feels like 95F)

Anyway, other than SUN AM and FRI Evening - I don't have any plans other than local rides to the gym, to the museum, to the Song Writer's Festival if I can find out what and where the FREE is. I don't plan to buy tickets at $25 range.

FRI EVE --- East TN Bikers is having a Bike Night at HOOTERS in Maryville (near WALMART)at 6:30AM. I may ride over there, think Jackie is also. I still post www.EastTNBikers.com on the site.

As of now, we don't have any other plans and I may go. I am not big into Bike Nights, but stay in contact with some and may go to show some support as under new leadership. Also, not crazy about riding to Maryville or back from Maryville on Hwy 411 at that time of day.

SUN AM --- Usual Sunday AM ride, start early and back by around noon or 1PM. 

INTERESTED in Any of the Above - let me know and make a plan. For now, going to gym, check battery on CB500X (hooked it up to the bike last evening about 10PM), need to mow back yard, maybe check Sevier County Museum, and meet Betty at 3PM for trip to Knox.   
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
Re: Event, Info, Ride Thoughts for now until SUNDAY
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:29:45 am »
There is an Asian Festival in Knoxville Sunday as well.

http://www.knoxasianfestival.com/
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 09:09:07 pm »
Glad you got that -- I saw it on TV today and was planning to add it.

Market Square is a nice visit anyway, and kind of Like the Mexican Restaurant - Taco Something.

I may ride by there.

Sundays down there the East TN Museum (very good one) is free. 

Thee is so much to do around this area -- LIKE IT. 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline IanC

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Fast from the Past
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 09:56:22 pm »
Soccer Taco. I like that one too. I think we'll all be attending. Kris, the kids, Rose and Chris may be going to the German festival in Knoxville tomorrow too.

http://www.firstknoxville.org/?p=1682
1978 Suzuki GS1000EC - Completely custom.
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 02:48:06 am »

Sundays down there the East TN Museum (very good one) is free. 

I went to the History Fair in Downtown Knoxville last week and the East Tenn Historical Society folks tried to recruit me as a museum volunteer.  Once things settle down I may very well do that.  I agree, it's a pretty good museum and well worth the visit if you haven't tried it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:54:34 am by Chris »
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT