Author Topic: Late Post about FRI, 11-05-16, Ride to Cataloochee - Rest is why not been Riding  (Read 624 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Had been working on thoughts about a ride to Cataloochee Valley for WED, then THU, and now gonna do it FRI.

I think Mike (Scootin) is going as he said send a meetup place and time. Did not hear back from him -- called after I sent E Mail and left a MSG. Hopefully get in touch in AM to make sure meetup is OK.

Plan to meet him at McD at XIT 407 at 8:30AM. Gonna do some I-40 and maybe the 13 mile gravel start o TN side to Cataloochee Valley. Then out NC side and decide then if time to go to Canton and some great roads over to Hwy 63 and Marshall.

I guess anyone else wanting to go might be able to contact me -- it's late, would need a call  865 654 2939 at 7:00AM in morning.   
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Been having fun and other stuff - so, gone some and not riding except errands.

last FRI we car tripped to Son's in GA (met at his boat for a short ride). Did some shooting at an indoor range (YUK) that evening. Some more shooting (BBs) in back yard SAT.

Main reason for the trip was to see a show at The Venue (Flowering Branch, GA - just off of I -985). Eric, rdie buddy, was playing Bass Guitar in the show. Tribute to Neil Diamond done by Cherry Cherry Band. Band leader has had a career doing Neil Diamond out west (Seattle area) and flew in foru Horn Section from old band to join two keyboards, two lead guitars, another guitar and drummer in background and Eric on bass. Really good show.  :21 We spent time after the show at Wild Wings with some of the band including Eric and his wife (her parents), the drummer and his wife, and the horn section. It was Halloween night at Wild Wing (Sport Bar Restaurant) with LOUD LOUD Music - good, but way too LOUD.

Have to say it was a good time and first time in long time we went Honky Tokin (use to call it that) until midnight. Mind you just some food and water for drinks (no alcohol -- not that crazy or young anymore).  :groan

We drove back Sunday, and had a Halloween party at Betty's Exercise Class Monday (lunch). Some other things going on kept me off the Ride (Cataloochee) and only did a few errands.

A few pictures tell the story.

Three going and coming -- slight delay at INGLES in Clayton, GA.  :pop

Boat Ride.

Shooting kills targets. My 22 Pistol and our 9MMs (mine and son's) ate up some AMMO

More shooting (BBs in backyard) - G-Son showed up mid day from college and we shot some more including the BB 10 Pump Rifle (so, turned the box target to get a bit more longer range - about 35 foot). 

Then the main reason for the season (trip I mean). Eric on bass guitar in third picture.

Then wild night for Ol' Folks at Wiild Wings. Well, wild for us.  :pop :happypep >:D
Eric B-Day so Leslie baked him a cake. We call them our adopted kids, Eric grateful for B-Day Card.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 10:18:20 pm by PAULRIDES »

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Shorts of the Concert (Neil Diamond Tribute) on U-Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-n3T2hUZgA&feature=youtu.be