Author Topic: Things Happening in next Days (Update with Pictures at 2 Events)  (Read 830 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Things Happening in next Days (Update with Pictures at 2 Events)
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:23:15 pm »
Things going on - Sevier County or All County at couple of the best Shows (XMAS Shows).

Country Tonight All Counties $10 *** Nov 5th - Nov 13th. Phone 865 453 2003  We plan to go sometime.

Opry (don't know if only Sevier County of All County) $10 *** Nov 1 - Nov 11 per Dick. As of now, I do not have any other information. We plan to go sometime.

Dollywood has some Sevier County $5 Donation Entry ---  Nov 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 - All proceeds benefit Food Ministry.  You can upgrade that day for a year pass. For Info  865 428 9488

Walter State Community College Sevier County Campus -- Students to Rock The Vote on NOV 8 at 5PM with Music by Studio Ensemble at Corner Short Center. FREE with Donation of Can of Food for Food Ministry. PS: Not sure after seeing  the campaign including the primaries for this election if I would want to Rock The Vote after it is over. GROAN     
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:09:04 pm by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: Things Happening in next Days (1st Update - add events)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:07 am »
Sevierville -  NOV 7 Music, Food, Games 3 to 10PM at Municipal Complex. Also, Nov 6 through Jan 3 at Smokies Stadium Xmas Lights. Also, DEC 5 Xmas Parade downtown.

Pigeon Forge - NOV 8 Music & Fireworks & Free Trolley Tour of Lights at 4PM (Fireworks at 5:15PM, Trolley at 6PM).

Gatlinburg - NOV 9 5 to 8PM Street Event (performers such as musicians, story tellers strolling the streets) is Free.  Chili Cookoff tickets are $10 (lot of samples of chili). Friday after Thanksgiving Winter Magic Tales and Tunes will continue - certain dates when musicians, story tellers stroll the streets.

PS:
We are considering going to Sevierville this evening since the weather is so nice. Maybe, see you there.   

Also, thinking Country Tonight (soon). Show is every night at 8PM and Matinee at 3PM on Tue, Wed, Thu. That's $10 for All Surrounding County Residents. Call 865 453 2003

Then there is the Smoky Mtn Opry (also $10) I am told. Don't know details on that one. Hopefully, we can do it also.   

So much goes on around here --- LOVE IT   :happypep :21
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:12:10 pm by PAULRIDES »

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
Re: Things Happening in next Days
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 12:55:09 pm »
now we know why Paul doesnt do "ride to eat" gigs,

gotta save room for taking Betty to dinner.

smart man.
What does "riding season" mean?

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Re: Things Happening in next Days
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 04:20:41 pm »
 :ditto
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: Things Happening in next Days (Update 1 with Pictures)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 08:35:19 am »
WINTERFEST Opening Ceremony at Sevierville. Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg also have one (next two nights). A lady said, she has been to all of them in the past and Sevierville's is the best. It was our first and if the amount of FREE food and games for children, and all the entertainment on stage is any example - i don't see how the others could be better. It was a perfect day for it   3PM til 10PM. We went a little after 5PM and left at 6:45PM. Tried to sample about every food there. STUFFED is the word.

PICTURES

Games, etc. for kids.

This Fire Truck and Firehouse Dog Driver was apparently remote controlled by the gfuy in the red shirt and cute as all. Talks also. 

The rest of it as we made the rounds. Firehouse Chili. Betty lower left with hers.

Taco Chili better than any of the others.

It's chili with cheese and tostada chips.

After all that - need water and Brownie sample from SAM's Club next door.

Main stage -- chairs set up and tables and chairs in the back of the chairs.

Hot Chocolate at a Winter Event (temps at 70F) is still good.

Smoked Wings (Food City) are good winter, summer, spring, fall.

Cotton Candy about the only place with a line and they had two machines working - couldn't make it fast enough. Shucks, I skipped that one.

Mayfield Peppermint Ice Cream and Ia dded Mayfield Egg Nog to mine (kind of made a milkshake). Betty seems to like Peppermint Ice Cream.

Cake and more cake (2 pictures) - Pumpkin Spice, Pumpkin, Poppy Seed, Lemon.

PIZZA is very popular, but please don't put so much out at one time - one piece I had was cool if not cold.
OH WELL !!! It's FREE.

It's been years since I had a Caramel Apple (messy, but good).

The stage area was well occupied - seats and tables set up.

We hung around for the MASCOT competition. Two prizes awarded on their dance technique. The Pig won second (picture), I missed a picture of first place (spark plug from NASCAR track).

The CH 6 Weatherman was their - spotted him and he posed for a picture. 

Dixie Stampede -- picture with the stars, we did not - the lady did.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:11:30 pm by PAULRIDES »

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Re: Things Happening in next Days (Update 2 with Pictures)
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »
WE participated in one more event Friday (11th NOV) at Country Tonight Show. Recommeded to everyone ($10 all surrounding county residents). :21

Figured there would be a small crowd as I made reservation for two THU AM and got 6th Row in center. Wrong, it was Veterans Day Weekend and several groups also there, so pretty big crowd. We missed about 1/2 opening number as got a late start from home and traffic was slow (Veterans's Day Weekend).

Show was pretty much as usual (good as usual), and of course some different routines and songs, but some of the best and usual also included. We always enjoy and I recommend seeing it (All Area Counties get in for $10 per person). 

PICTURES came out only half decent using cell phone, here are some to give you an idea.

Bubba, Red Neck Ranger comedian, interrupting the show (he has a good comedy routine).

Tributes to stars of the past (Ronnie Milsap on screen). 

"Stand By Your Man" -- ever heard that one before? Bubba's wife was in the show doing this tribute (she has a great voice). 

Final Tribute by the group (George Jones on screen) -- "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes?"

Bubba back as his own MeMaw (She was looking for Bubba and her fifth husband).

The band doing their part.

A skit with the boy star performing as son of a sick Mother he wanted to buy shoes for (XMAS present) and did not have enough money. He wanted the shoes so she would look pretty for Jesus as leaving this earth tonight. A bit sad.

A take off on Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer (Boy star was Rudolph) and all the other reindeers dressed in appropriate costumes for their names.

Children from the audience brought on stage for a short dance number. Amazing difference in enthusiasm, but nearly all participated. One little one about 3 year old (left side white blob in picture) was really into it.

Great voice -- new performer this season (she is from SC).

"Mary Did You Know" - Bubba's Wife doing the song. The Mary was one of the dancers. BTW pretty far along with her own new baby, reckon she will be out of the show for a time (and soon). 

Great male vocalist and also Keyboard player in the band. 

I took several pictures here as the spotlight was scanning the line of performers and
messing up the picture. This was about the best one.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:11:08 pm by PAULRIDES »