Author Topic: 2nd Annual Polar Bear Poker Run  (Read 1215 times)

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
    • Tennessee Sons of Liberty RC
2nd Annual Polar Bear Poker Run
« on: January 07, 2017, 09:30:00 am »
When:
    Sat, February 4 9:30AM
Where:
    OAA Restoration Center, 876 Englewood road, Madisonville, TN

Your friends from your Local Widowmakers MC and your local Sons of Liberty Riders RC will be hosting a Polar Bear ride through the country. Lunch will be at Biker Rags (they will provide Pizza and Soda) We will meet at the Church Parking lot at 9:30AM and KSU up at 10:30AM. Lets Bring a Extra Jacket, Can food item or Monetary Donation to help support Preacher Morgan and His OAA Restoration Center (Homeless Shelter) This year we will be having a Poker Run ($10 with half going to the winner) and a 50/50 drawing. We will also be giving away door prizes at the end of the ride!

Contact Vegas from Sons of Liberty Riders RC at 423-536-8035 or tnsolrrc@gmail.com for more info

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Re: 2nd Annual Polar Bear Poker Run
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:46:43 am »
Just a bump to remind folks of this upcoming event.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:24:34 pm »
This Saturday.. should be a good turnout.. lots of door prizes .. free food!!!

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:02:05 am »
You all missed a good ride

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 06:50:09 am »
Had to work.I'm sure it was a good one.If you got any pics or wanna post a report of some kind i'd like hear about it.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline gl1dinorider

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 09:21:01 am »
I had something more important than work occupying my day.

First saturday she has had off since she started this job.

What does "riding season" mean?

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 04:39:11 pm »
Had to work.I'm sure it was a good one.If you got any pics or wanna post a report of some kind i'd like hear about it.
.  I'll do better we had a local newspaper do a article on it..  I'll cut and copy and paste it

Offline RandyRocks77

• Vegas
  • Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 05:01:40 pm »

Monroe County sees its fair share of motorcycle groups and the sight of them rolling through town may cause people to wonder what these leather clad thrill seekers are all about. Though the Hollywood version offers a rather unflattering aspect, there’s far more to the biker community in real life. The truth of the matter is they are all heart and more than willing to step up, stand up and even ride in subfreezing temperatures for a good cause.
On Saturday, February 4, that cause was homeless veterans. Local Sons of Liberty Riders RC and local Widowmakers MC hosted a Second Annual Polar Bear Poker Run to raise money for Outreach Across America (OAA) Restoartion Center and Homeless Shelter. The shelter was envisioned and made into reality by OAA and its Pastor, Morgan Clough, known by many as Preacher Morgan. The shelter is currently housing two homeless veterans.
Joining The Sons of Liberty and the The Widowmakers in this worthy endeavor were Southern Souls of Southeast Tennessee, Soldiers for Jesus along with a number of others from the biker community.
“Most motorcycle clubs get a bad reputation in the area and I personally want to thank both of them for doing this what most people do not know is that motorcycle clubs are the first to open their wallets and support local charities. They have hearts of gold and love to help the homeless and veterans,” said Clough.
Regardless of the freezing temperatures, which would equate to approximately 30 degrees below zero on their bikes, they were happy to take part in the polar run.
“This is a good cause and we are glad to support OAA. They do a lot for the community,” said David Terry who joined the ride along with his brother Steve Terry.
When asked about the cold factor a Widowmaker known as Mad Matt said, “Riding in this 30 degree weather is a small price to pay to take care of these veterans.”
Among those riding Saturday were guys like Vegas, a former U.S. Marine. Other participants currently have family members serving in the military. It’s easy to see those who serve to defend this nation are very close to the hearts of this biker community.
After their brisk ride through the scenic countryside, the group ended their annual run at Biker Rags in Knoxville where they enjoyed a nice afternoon of pizza, prizes and pleasure in knowing that they were making a difference in the lives of Monroe County’s hurting and homeless. At the end of the day, $500 was raised for Monroe County’s only homeless shelter. 

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 05:23:53 pm »
Nice looking group i'm sure it was awesome.Thanks for posting.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 05:29:30 pm »
Looks like it was a great ride and I'm glad you had newspaper coverage.  Money for a good cause too!  Thanks for sharing that.

M/Sgt Chris
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT