Author Topic: PAULRIDES -- Wonder if ETB wants to RIDE in JAN for a 2017 Ride  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Re: PAULRIDES -- Wonder if ETB wants to RIDE in JAN for a 2017 Ride
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2017, 04:56:44 pm »
Paul, Marc, and Ian stopped by today for lunch and a good time was had by all.  Lunch was nothing to brag about, just burgers and chili but the fun and conversation was top notch!  Marc and I chatted as I bumbled about fixing lunch while Ian and Paul tried out various shooting irons I had brought out.  Ian was shooting well with the reflex sighted S&W pistol and Paul liked my WW2 M-1 Carbine.  I had a great time and thanks to all for stopping by!

I only thought to grab my camera as they were departing darn it.

CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2017, 06:18:56 pm »
Thanks for having us and supplying a good lunch and conversation.All in all it was a good ride ride.I ended at 227 miles.I tried a new app today that was kinda neat.Now if I can figure out a few more features it will be a handy addition.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2017, 09:00:27 pm »
Thanks a bunch Chris --- enjoyed the visit, lunch, and shooting even though it was all rushed. Nice to say I have shot an M1 Carbine and M1 Rifle. Lucky we won the war with that M1 as heavy as it is and as hard as it is to load a clip. I also enjoyed your S / W 22 Revolver and Semi-Auto (Semi Auto with the Red Dot sight).

Other than that I shot 3 clips with my 22 Pistol and and 2 clips with my 9MM pistol. Had my own AMMO for those. Did not have time to even shoot the Pellet Pistol one time.   

We got the ride in except the very last loop I had planned. I cut it short when we got to Cold Spring Rd and turned right instead of left.

Then when we got to the main road (shorter route to the planned end of the ride), I stopped and told the guys where we were and I headed back home. They had a straight shot of a few miles to the planned ride end point (split point).

I got home at 4:10PM after a gas fill up despite even spending an extra 1/2 hour at your place (think it was near 1PM when we left VS 12:30PM that I had hoped to do. 

Ride Report coming soon. 
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)