Author Topic: Weekend Events - Alpaca Show(FREE) & Chuck Wagon Cookoff with Flying Sister's RV  (Read 736 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Alpaca Event is FRI & SAT 9:00AM to 5:00PM  and SUN 9:00AM to 3:00PM @ Sevierville Convention Center (up the hill from the Resort with the water park). FREE Admission.

I have been there the past couple years. It's an impressive event and worth a visit. I'll likely drop by sometime for a walk thru.  TURNED OUT, we (Betty and I) walked thru today -- See Pictures

Chuck Wagon Event Includes Sisters on the Fly Cowgirl Caravan SAT, Mar 4, 9AM til 5PM @ Clabough's Campground (Wears Valley rd just west of the Parkway). 

It's FREE to walk around and see the Chuck Wagon Setups and the Sister's Restored Campers. It's $12.50 for a ticket to eat the Chuck Wagon Meal. Purchase tickets early to guarantee seat at the dinner table.

There is a Chuck Wagon BKF and Church after at Stages West in Pigeon Forge 8:30AM to 10:00AM. Tickets are $5 onsite or in advance at MyPigeonForge.com

I plan to drop by the event Saturday and look around. I did a previous year and enjoyed seeing it.   

Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
That event looks pretty interesting.  I'm taking the wife Sunday.  Thanks for the tip Paul!
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
That event looks pretty interesting.  I'm taking the wife Sunday.  Thanks for the tip Paul!

Thanks from Rose for the tip. Being a yarn and animal enthusiast, I'm looking forward to going!

Rose
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member

Go early to Alpaca Event as they start loading up to head home.

Chuck Wagon Event -- folks were laoding up their gear today (SAT) at 3 and 4PM -- I was late getting there at 3PM, but got to see most setups and the Decorated RVs.  Pictures later.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
We went yesterday and I thought it was quite interesting.  I didn't know alpacas came in two varieties with one sort looking like a big plush toy and the other looking cool with dreadlocks.  Rose had a good time shopping for yarn which I know very little about but she was glad to try and educate me about.  One of the farm owners told us that they make great pets which I can see as possible given their fairly calm nature but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want one in the house without a diaper.  There was one that intensely curious and kept sticking its head through the fence on all sides to get a better look at things.  That was pretty funny to watch, especially the reactions of the folks walking by.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
I read something about the longer haired ones -- makes better yarn or such.

The other fur ball ones are prettier.

Glad you got to go and enjoy (have to be interested in the yarn or products or just looking at the creatures).

I think they would make good poker players -- not a lot of expression.