Author Topic: Upcoming EVENTS & INFO - Theater Scene (((Update CT & Aquarium Report)))  (Read 987 times)

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
FRI - Apr 21st -- Country Tonight. 865 453 2003  Reservations made for Paul / Betty & Dick / Rhonda on sixth row center section ($7.50 all county days).  Just talked to Chris and He and Rose are planning to go, he will make his own reservations.

So, that prompted me to put this info I sent to my E Mail list on ETB Site.

TUE - April 25th --- Food Ministry Fund Raiser (FIESTA) at the Gatlinburg Aquarium ($25 donation) includes food, music, aquarium visit, band. It is a nice event typically. 6:00PM
We have gone a couple times and have supported Food Ministry before (might as well get something for it). FREE Parking in the garage by the Aquarium in past years (tell them you are going to the event). Get tickets at the Food Ministry in advance or at the door. I called Food Ministry 865-428-5182 and decided to hold two tickets in our name, it is not necessary to do that but I did. 

SAT - Apr 29th (that is the next weekend, give you time to think about it) --  Get Rid of your Environmental Sensitive Waste at Sevierville Municpal Complex 8AM until 1PM *(that is 120 Gary Wade Blvd just off Dolly Parton Parkway). Various items acceptable and various items unacceptable. Too many to list, so find out yourself. www.keepsevierbeautiful.org or phone 865-774-6677

Some other Show INFO. There has been changes in the show (Theater) situations. Memories was sold to a new owner (I THINK, don't know, it might have been sold to the folks that had the theater on the hill by Country Tonight).  Anyway, that put the folks that performed at Memories out of work.

Matt Cordell and Mike Chambliss (folks that we saw last FRI) will be doing 15 shows at Country Tonight on Fridays (Blast to the Past) is enjoyable. They will  and eventually will open the Theater on the hill next to Country Tonight when they complete remodeling (May is target date). Don't know what their price offers will be for County folks -- last FRI was $7.50.

So, Travis James (does Conway and Hank JR and other tributes) has opened the Tribute Theater in the shopping area on Wears Valley Rd (that is east of the parkway). The show schedule on that web site shows his dates and dates of other performers like Mike Chambliss (he does a very good show). Anyway, I E Mailed them about special prices (Sevier County always $10 for and $20 for guests with you). https://www.travisjamestribute.com/  Click on Shows and Tickets for schedules.

Red Skelton has the Theater in the same shopping center as the Tribute Theater, but is two or three building to the east of the Tribute. I think Patty Wazak will be with him (not sure about that - it was the plan I was told last year). I E Mailed them about special prices --- $14 for Sevier County and any guests you bring).  http://redskeltoncomedyshow.tix.com/Schedule.aspx?OrgNum=2788

LET's RIDE :-)

THU (4-19-2017) 

KNOXVILLE Hourly 40% til 7AM  ---  18% to 11% from 8AM until 11AM   ---  24% 11AM until 2PM ----39% from 2PM til at 1PM to 39% until 7PM 

CROSSVILLE Hourly 11% to 14% from 1AM utnil 6PM 

Jackie responded to ride, TerrE had a couple other plans working. His last idea was a Lunch (Two Brothers) and Local Road Ride (don't know if he still plans that -- I was not interested as was working on a ride plan). 

MY PLAN:
DEPART: McD at Seymour at 8AM ( I think we can make that, I have been getting up later than use to and might catch traffic at school -- is school out?).

OTHER THAN The DEPART here is the general idea.

It is around 250 Miles and 6HR Ride Time (plus breaks).

BTW - no long Lunch Bull Sessions planned other than convenience stores or fast food (McD, Taco Bell, whatever). Looking at a loop (Hwy 127 back to Hwy 127) near Muddy Pond / Clarkrange area as kind of a destination (one "New Road, not sure about a couple others). Hopefully, be back by 4PM.

Plan to use more than usual Interstate (I-140 and I-40) getting to Crossville along with some of the good parts of Hwy 70.

Then head north on Hwy 127 - do a loop off of Hwy 127 and back to Hwy 127 (end up a bit North of Clarkrange).

Then over to Wartburg via Hwy 62, then Devil Triangle to Rock City. I-75, I-275, James White, and Lizzard home.

ALT -- Could skip Devil Triangle and go to Oliver Spring and then go to Rock City if time becomes a problem.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:05:55 am by PAULRIDES »
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Paul,

I'll see you art the show on Friday.  I just picked up the tickets online.

Chris
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
CYA Chris --- Hope you like it.

Personally I would call and reserve - cause they don't bill you until you get there and I think if you don't show up (emergency or something) they don't charge your card.

I hope you got the $7.50 County Day Prices. I told you about the $7.50 and meant to tell you when you called them to be sure and make sure that is what they charge you. 

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Country Tonight Theater (done deal FRIDAY, 21st April)

Maybe, You have seen it before, gonna show you again. I think the best show they have had recently. 

PICTURE Story 

Get your tickets here -- one of the largest crowds I have seen. Partly because it was All County Days ($7.50 tickets) and there was a dance recital before the show (so, I imagine lot of parents and G-Parents attending). 

Betty, Rhonda / Dick, Rose / Chris (me on camera) made up our group.

One of the groups in the before show dance recital (we only saw a couple of groups -- this one by far the best of those).

Let's Country Tonight :-)

Bubba keeps interrupting the show - this time looking for his Me Maw (had a few stories about her). 

One portion of the show dedicated to the Old Classics is one of my favorite parts of the show.
Conway Twitty done by the piano man.

Patsy Cline always a favorite done by one of the two female singers in the how.

ALABAMA  - Don't need to say more.

Tammy Wynette done by the other female singer.

End the tributes to the Classics with 'Whose Gonna Fill Their Shoes".

Willow (I think I have name right) plays a great Banjo, and Sings and  Dances. She has continued with Country Tonight after her stent as a child performer which ended at 14 years old. I think she is like 16 or 17 years old and has been on the show for like 9 Years. She gets better every year. 

Me Maw showed up looking for Bubba. They had a discussion about how many times she had been married. Five she said and named four - # 5 would be Kevin as she pointed at him.

A few more numbers (performances) - typical as shown. 

Then to close the first half is the usual Gospel / Religious section of the show. Well done and good music whether you are into that or not.

Intermission - a display near the concession stand.

Rollin On with the second half. This was a tribute to the first responders for the Smoky Mtn Fires of NOV 2016. The screen in back was used to display fire scenes and responders.   

They do have excellent dance teams in the cast.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Continue Country Tonight (rest of the show).

PICTURE Story

BLUES BROTHERS --- The 11 YR Old (youth performer -- by the way has really improved over the last three years) and yours truly BUUBA make up the Brothers. :-) 

Me Maw and Cletus on a fishing trip.

Cletus left and took Me Maw's reel (Cletus Took My Reel).

Most any show around here close with a Patriotic Salute to our armed services and first responders. No exception at Country Tonight with a nice job of it.

These 3 Characters seemed to have enjoyed the show. We were waiting for Chris and Rose to join us in the lobby after the show.

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
Paul,

Thanks for the invite. Rose and I had a good time and enjoyed both the show and the company. Thanks!

After the show we were stuck in the rain with the windshield wipers only kind of clearing the screen.  So we bailed and stopped at TGIFridays for a late meal and a couple of beers to outwait the weather.  Good meal if a little spendy being Pidgeon Forge.  Left the restaurant and made it home by about 0030. 

I'm rested now and ready to do it again...

Chris
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 12:42:38 am by Chris »
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
Thought about you driving all that way on back roads in the rain. Good decision to wait it out -- having a meal that late and a couple beers (not so sure about that one).  ;)

I waited in the parking lot until the downpour quit (maybe 10 minutes).  Then just had medium rain going home (but, we are only like 15 or so miles and good roads - only about 6 miles of two lane).

Hoping to enjoy the Aquarium Event TUE at 6PM. It's a $25 per person charity for the Food Ministry. We donate anyway, so might as well get the event (Food, Music, Aquarium). Been a couple years since we did the event.   

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
TUE - April 25th --- Food Ministry Fund Raiser (FIESTA) at the Gatlinburg Aquarium ($25 donation) includes food, music, aquarium visit, band. It is a nice event typically.

Turned out to be a pretty nice event although downsized from what I remember (last one we attended was a couple years ago).

PICTURE Story

Nothing spectacular and they have cut back from what we saw a couple years ago (been at least two years since we went). Use to have a band and snacks in the lower floor, then the main food (real food and dessert) in separate rooms in the back.

This year only had the Fiesta Buffet in the restaurant room (dessert and drinks also in that room). There was no band, but they still had a drawing for some nice door prizes (including one cruise).

WE DID NOT WIN ANYTHING.    BOO HOO !!!

Don't take me wrong, it is still a nice event for $25 each and includes the Aquarium Visit. (especially good deal if you intend to donate to the Food Ministry anyway).

I think this children play area has been added since we were at the Aquarium --- the floor down there was where the band and snacks were served before going to eat.

The Play area viewed from behind a waterfall.

This diver was trying to get to an eel (apparently it is in need of some medical care, but was not cooperating and would not come out of the crack to be caught).

This is a view from under water (in the tunnel walkway).

The buffet was OK (I would give it a 7 or 8).

Door Prize Drawing at 8PM.

Then we did a little walk around Gatlinburg (walk off some of the food we just ate).