Author Topic: Ducati for sale?  (Read 638 times)

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline PAULRIDES

• Legendary Member
  • I might be old, but can mount without help. HA!
Re: Ducati for sale?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 07:37:43 pm »
I will stick to Japanese bikes.
Ride Country Roads - a lot. :-)

Offline Chris

• Legendary Member
  • curmudgeon in residence
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 07:27:34 pm »
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-volkswagen-ducati-sale-exclusive-idUSKBN17S23J

Thanks for the interesting read Marc.  Plainly the hemorrhaging following VW's emissions-gate scandal isn't over.  I would think there would be quite few newly emerging makers in nations such as China, India or Korea who'd love to get Ducati, as much for the image as for the cutting edge technology.  That's what happened to Volvo cars (not trucks) when it went on the block.  They were snapped up by the Chinese who thus got a window into the latest 1st World automotive technology and a profit generating prestige brand.  Ducati would be a similar prize in the motorcycling world.
CHRIS

CURRENT BIKES

1978 GS1000C / 1979 GS1000S / 1981 CM400C / 1986 RG500 GAMMA / 1988 R100RS / 1991 K100RS / 1997 GSF1200 BANDIT

Offline Luvmystar

• Legendary Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 04:36:18 pm »
Yup.A bummer for sure.Buying it for the tech is one thing but can they keep it advancing if they get it or will it become like Indian just tossed around for years disappearing and reappearing in name only.Granted Indian is looking like its finally back but look how long it took.
Marc

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.